How to use a Mi-si pickup?

Katz-in-Boots

Reaction score
Yesterday was NUD for me - an ebay purchased KoAloha slimline concert which came with a Mi-si pickup. I know to plug it in & charge it, but what next? The online manual isn't very helpful.

I'm not a tech person & have never used an amp except for the Roland Micro Cube I bought for my theremin.

I figure I'll need a cord to plug between the uke jack & amp but is there anything else I'd need?

Yes, you'll need the cord to the amp for sure, and depending on the amp, you may want to look into what they call a DI box. It matches the signal to the amp. Depending on what amp you're plugging into it could be an enhancement or a necessity.

I'm not a tech person ..... my theremin.

I'm guessing this is the first time that was ever said! :D

I'm not a tech person ..... my theremin.

I'm guessing this is the first time that was ever said! :D

:rofl: Yeah, I thought it was contradictory. I'm no Sheldon though. You don't have to be tech minded to drive a theremin. Plug & play (aka make weird noises that may or may not resemble music)

Just plug and play. I have played the MiSi in my Kanile'a through countless amps and never needed a DI box. Love the MiSi and they last a really long time between charges. I was talking to Julia Nunes after the last stop on her last West Coast Tour and she told me she had forgotten her MiSi charger at home and the charge had lasted her the entire tour!!

For a Roland Microcube, all you will need is a guitar cable.

Plug it in, play with the Microcube's settings, have fun!

Per my experience, for the best "natural" sound from a ukulele on a Microcube, set the amp to "Mic" mode (the far right option) and set gain to 0.

All the other settings will give various electronic sounds.

The "Acoustic" setting is not really good for acoustic instruments per my experience. I think it was designed for electric guitars to sound like acoustic, not for plugging in acoustics per se.

Top Bottom