PDA

View Full Version : Maui music blinged out tenor

Stevelele
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
For sale on fleamarket music. Not mine, but someone please buy it so I don't bankrupt myself!

pcspud
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
You know you want it !!!!

mm stan
03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Aloha Steve,
Mahalo for the heads up....you know you want it... :)

mds725
03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp

Doc_J
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Sure is a pretty uke.

https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/images/market/68748-full.jpg

Stevelele
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I do, I do, but I think I have already spent my lifetime allocation of uke funds

Aloha Steve,
Mahalo for the heads up....you know you want it... :)

stevepetergal
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Worth every penny. What's so bad about bankruptcy, anyway?

Dan Uke
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Sold so you don't have to worry Steve!!

soupking
03-07-2013, 04:45 PM
http://youtu.be/h0mblISR4So

Maui Music ukuleles are incredible...

Dan Uke
03-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Lots of people say they are not that good post fire and good pre fire...what is the cutoff?

soupking
03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Lots of people say they are not that good post fire and good pre fire...what is the cutoff?

Lots of people sometimes repeat drivel and nonsense that they've read online. It's all a bunch of hogwash. I have two of them and a lot of other pricier ukes and the Maui Musics are the real deal. The internet is good for a lot of things; much research can be conducted, but there's a downside: misinformation...

didgeridoo2
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Lots of people sometimes repeat drivel and nonsense that they've read online. It's all a bunch of hogwash. I have two of them and a lot of other pricier ukes and the Maui Musics are the real deal. The internet is good for a lot of things; much research can be conducted, but there's a downside: misinformation...
Hmmm...how do I know this post isn't hogwash? ;)

Sure is a pretty uke.

soupking
03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Hmmm...how do I know this post isn't hogwash? ;)

Sure is a pretty uke.

Haha. You don't, but I'm speaking from experience, in that, I have two new ones and they're exquisite. All Maui Music ukuleles have been made by Peter Lieberman. Pre-fire, post-fire, there's no difference, except that he gained experience with passing years. Post-fire Mauis were made by a builder who had more experience under his belt. That's how I look at it. Everyone else can form their own opinion, which is fine by me. Just seems illogical to assume, based on nothing more than what one has read online, that they aren't as good as they used to be. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, someone please help me out here if that's the case.

didgeridoo2
03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Haha. You don't, but I'm speaking from experience, in that, I have two new ones and they're exquisite. All Maui Music ukuleles have been made by Peter Lieberman. Pre-fire, post-fire, there's no difference, except that he gained experience with passing years. Post-fire Mauis were made by a builder who had more experience under his belt. That's how I look at it. Everyone else can form their own opinion, which is fine by me. Just seems illogical to assume, based on nothing more than what one has read online, that they aren't as good as they used to be. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, someone please help me out here if that's the case.
I'm just having fun. I believe you, wholeheartedly.

soupking
03-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm just having fun. I believe you, wholeheartedly.

Haha. There was no offense taken, just trying to clarify the point a little. Congrats on the Moore Bettah, by the way >Drooooool

RichM
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Mine is the twin of the one that sold on FMM... it's a truly wonderful uke.

Where did you hear that the post fire ukes aren't good? That's absolute nonsense! I played several new ukes at Gryphon last year, and they were all wonderful. Peter didn't lose his ability to make ukes in the fire! What is true is there seem to be fewer fancy ukes coming out of the shop and many more simply appointed ones. It hardly matters, as they all sound great.

Stevelele
03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Whew! That was a rare one at a reasonable price

Sold so you don't have to worry Steve!!

RichM
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Whew! That was a rare one at a reasonable price

I hope this isn't a rude question, but can someone tell me what it was listed for?

dkpianoman21
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Love that headstock design! Not sure how I feel about the oval soundhole though...

Dan Uke
03-07-2013, 06:32 PM
I hope this isn't a rude question, but can someone tell me what it was listed for?

So you selling yours now?

I'm confused with all those urban myths since I've never played one...Soupking, your logic makes sense to me. Sounds like someone is happy because it didn't last very long.

RichM
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
$...so you selling yours now?

I'm confused with all those urban myths since I've never played one...Soupking, your logic makes sense to me. Sounds like someone is happy because it didn't last very long.

Seriously???? That's a steal!!! Good thing I didn't see it before it sold, because I would have two now.

haole
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Maui Music ukes are fantastic regardless of when they were built. I bought my 6-string directly from Peter Lieberman at a uke fest a few years ago and it's a keeper.

hawaii 50
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I love my pre-fire Maui Music tenor 1998..i spoke with Peter many times too.he does come on the UU sometimes

I tried to get that one on jumping flea but was too late..
my tenor has very mellow lows and crystal clear highs..the top has a slight dish but I can live with it,,

Peter is urcuzzn on the UU..he is very good friends with Eric Devine..he is very modest..does not like to talk about his work and himself too much..great guy!

Stevelele
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I have met Peter in person. He laughs about the pre-fire hype. He told me that pre-fire, he worked with a team of production people and he spent time quality checking and voicing each uke. But post fire, he builds everything himself and he is confident that the quality is as good if not better than ever. I had a chance to play a few and thought that they were great.

I love my pre-fire Maui Music tenor 1998..i spoke with Peter many times too.he does come on the UU sometimes

I tried to get that one on jumping flea but was too late..
my tenor has very mellow lows and crystal clear highs..the top has a slight dish but I can live with it,,

Peter is urcuzzn on the UU..he is very good friends with Eric Devine..he is very modest..does not like to talk about his work and himself too much..great guy!

dkcrown
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I have met Peter in person. He laughs about the pre-fire hype. He told me that pre-fire, he worked with a team of production people and he spent time quality checking and voicing each uke. But post fire, he builds everything himself and he is confident that the quality is as good if not better than ever. I had a chance to play a few and thought that they were great.

Thanks for the update Steve. It is nice to get information right from the horses mouth. BTW that was a beautiful tenor. Someone is going to be a happy camper.

Dan Uke
03-11-2013, 07:27 AM

Great to hear!! I'm gonna wait until Rick Turner starts building 100% of uke himself.

hawaii 50
03-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Great to hear!! I'm gonna wait until Rick Turner starts building 100% of uke himself.

Hey Daniel..Rick said if he could one day he will just build instruments by himself..that might be awhile though..

Peter builds flamenco guitars when he in Florida and the ukes when he come back to Maui..they do sound pretty good..I played a bunch of them in Palo Alto..but never saw a bling out one in person..

the uke on jumping flee market place was an unreal price ..I tried too late..they might be going for double that price now..wow

urcuzzn
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
could someone pm me with the price that tenor sold for?

soupking
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
In awe of its beauty. In absolute MINT condition as the seller described. I am over the moon! Peter, I sent you a pm. Thanks for doing what you do! This ukulele is the most exquistite I've ever had the priveledge to own. It's got it all. -Matt

hawaii 50
03-11-2013, 10:40 AM
In awe of its beauty. In absolute MINT condition as the seller described. I am over the moon! Peter, I sent you a pm. Thanks for doing what you do! This ukulele is the most exquistite I've ever had the priveledge to own. It's got it all. -Matt

Hey Soup..
funny story I was about to buy that Maui Music..but I had to register as I have never been on the jumping flea website..when I got back to order it,it was sold!!

glad it was you..if you ever want to get rid of it let me know wishful thinking haha
congrats one of the best buys I have ever seen happy strumming!

Dan Uke
03-11-2013, 10:43 AM
WOW...Sweet score Matt!!

I love contrasting bindings on fretboards, which is a requirement now for any custom ukes.

mm stan
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Holy Moly Matt,
What a score...I thought it was a sweet price...I wish I knew about it...hee hee Happy Strummings....you lucky bugga

RichM
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Twinsies! :)

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50179&d=1363058916

mm stan
03-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Hey Rich, Now you're just teasin' hee hee wish I knew how mucyh they go for....PM me pleeze....

Dan Uke
03-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Twinsies! :)

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50179&d=1363058916

I shoulda bought it so I can copy your bottom row of ukes!! LOL