Maui music blinged out tenor

Stevelele

Reaction score
For sale on fleamarket music. Not mine, but someone please buy it so I don't bankrupt myself!

Sure is a pretty uke.

68748-full.jpg

Worth every penny. What's so bad about bankruptcy, anyway?

Maui Music ukuleles are incredible...

Lots of people say they are not that good post fire and good pre fire...what is the cutoff?

Lots of people say they are not that good post fire and good pre fire...what is the cutoff?

Lots of people sometimes repeat drivel and nonsense that they've read online. It's all a bunch of hogwash. I have two of them and a lot of other pricier ukes and the Maui Musics are the real deal. The internet is good for a lot of things; much research can be conducted, but there's a downside: misinformation...

Lots of people sometimes repeat drivel and nonsense that they've read online. It's all a bunch of hogwash. I have two of them and a lot of other pricier ukes and the Maui Musics are the real deal. The internet is good for a lot of things; much research can be conducted, but there's a downside: misinformation...
Hmmm...how do I know this post isn't hogwash? ;)

Sure is a pretty uke.

Hmmm...how do I know this post isn't hogwash? ;)

Sure is a pretty uke.

Haha. You don't, but I'm speaking from experience, in that, I have two new ones and they're exquisite. All Maui Music ukuleles have been made by Peter Lieberman. Pre-fire, post-fire, there's no difference, except that he gained experience with passing years. Post-fire Mauis were made by a builder who had more experience under his belt. That's how I look at it. Everyone else can form their own opinion, which is fine by me. Just seems illogical to assume, based on nothing more than what one has read online, that they aren't as good as they used to be. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, someone please help me out here if that's the case.

Haha. You don't, but I'm speaking from experience, in that, I have two new ones and they're exquisite. All Maui Music ukuleles have been made by Peter Lieberman. Pre-fire, post-fire, there's no difference, except that he gained experience with passing years. Post-fire Mauis were made by a builder who had more experience under his belt. That's how I look at it. Everyone else can form their own opinion, which is fine by me. Just seems illogical to assume, based on nothing more than what one has read online, that they aren't as good as they used to be. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, someone please help me out here if that's the case.
I'm just having fun. I believe you, wholeheartedly.

Mine is the twin of the one that sold on FMM... it's a truly wonderful uke.

Where did you hear that the post fire ukes aren't good? That's absolute nonsense! I played several new ukes at Gryphon last year, and they were all wonderful. Peter didn't lose his ability to make ukes in the fire! What is true is there seem to be fewer fancy ukes coming out of the shop and many more simply appointed ones. It hardly matters, as they all sound great.

Love that headstock design! Not sure how I feel about the oval soundhole though...

I hope this isn't a rude question, but can someone tell me what it was listed for?

So you selling yours now?

I'm confused with all those urban myths since I've never played one...Soupking, your logic makes sense to me. Sounds like someone is happy because it didn't last very long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom