Mobius Strap: A Ukulele Strap with a New Twist

Tim Mullins

Reaction score
The Mobius Strap is a new kind of hands-free shoulder strap support for the ukulele. No modifications to your instrument are needed.

No strap buttons or other attachments are required. It easily attaches and detaches and rolls up for storage in your case or gig bag pocket. Once installed, putting the strap on becomes as easy as using a traditional guitar-style strap.

The innovative Mobius Strap design holds your ukulele comfortably and securely and frees both hands for any playing technique. Easily switch your right hand between finger picking and strumming positions. Move your left hand anywhere on the neck without hesitation. Can actually add volume to your ukulele by relieving pressure from your forearm on the soundboard. Puts no stress on the instrument's neck. Reversible for left-handed players.

Hand-made in Santa Barbara, California of soft, durable polypropylene webbing with no metal parts. Easy-to-follow instructions included. Money-back guarantee of complete satisfaction.

$16.95 plus $3.00 shipping and $1.36 sales tax for CA residents.

For complete information or to purchase please visit www.mobiusstrap.com.

StrapInUse.jpg

I'd be concerned that the webbing across the soundboard would compromise sound. Looks to be a nice simple idea, though.

got mine last night and I think it is a game-changer, ingenious idea that works really well, the only strap I'll let my Koaloha get close to.
Not at all concerned that the soundboard is getting choked.

Plus, Tim is a great guy, very helpful and responsive!

Last edited:
I'd be concerned that the webbing across the soundboard would compromise sound. Looks to be a nice simple idea, though.

Hi didgeridoo2: Several people have asked me about that, but the strap puts no inward pressure on the soundboard as it wants to be a straight line from edge to edge. I've found that it actually seems to have more volume because I don't have to press my forearm against the top to support the ukulele!

Christian: Thanks very much! Glad you're happy with it!

Hi, Tim. It looks great, but question: I play soprano. I see the website says for all size instruments, but can it really be for smaller instruments? Sopranos have a narrow small body (as you know) and are typically held higher on the chest when playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M

I'm concerned that if it hung even an inch lower than I'm used to, I'd not like it. Is it adjustable for length? I see the plastic buckle on your video and wondered. Thank you. Steve

Hi, Tim. It looks great, but question: I play soprano. I see the website says for all size instruments, but can it really be for smaller instruments? Sopranos have a narrow small body (as you know) and are typically held higher on the chest when playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M

I'm concerned that if it hung even an inch lower than I'm used to, I'd not like it. Is it adjustable for length? I see the plastic buckle on your video and wondered. Thank you. Steve

Hi Steve, I've been using mine on soprano, concert and tenor sizes (I don't have a baritone) and it adjusts to fit any size ukulele and almost any size player. I can also use it with my 00-18 guitar! They go from a maximum of 64" to as small as 32". In each case, properly adjusted, the neck is held level or just above. The way the strap threads over the top of the uke and under your right armpit limits how high the body can be held, but for me it is a comfortable playing position. I just went and tried my soprano in the mirror (without the strap) and that is where I hold it anyway. Unless you need to hold yours higher than that it should work fine. And there is a money-back guarantee.

I would have liked to try one. It's a shame they can only be bought in the US.

Same here. I am able to buy a uke leash. Lori just adds on overseas postage costs.

UkuEroll and Tootler, I am just beginning to try selling outside the USA. Please get in touch with me through my website with your mailing addresses and I'll figure the shipping costs out.

Thanks for your interest!

Just ordered one. Wish I had done that sooner. The one I bought at the local store was better than nothing but still not
completely cutting it. Looking forward to yours. Looks like exactly what I need.

I just strapped it on. What a genius simple idea. This is The strap for me. Highly, highly recommended.

Top Bottom