Favilla Baritone with Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
SOLD

What: Mahogany Favilla baritone. Not sure the year but one could e-mail Tom Favilla. I also think the label and maybe headstock give some clues on the age. Comes with a fantastic canvas covered hard case that is very rigid and different than the Uke Crazy style cases. This one is thick and plush and the Favilla fits pretty well in it. There are no brand labels on the case and it is in like new condition. In these pics it has Hilo Baritone strings on it (which I like) and currently it has some Pro-Arte normal tension classical strings dGBE (no wounds).

Playability: It's an easy player and sounds great. Action is good up and down the fretboard and intonation is fine. No buzzing. The neck shape is a thicker/rounder shape which I think is characteristic of Favilla baritones.

Condition: There is some finish checking on the top and some minor marks on the body and one by the heel on the neck. Tuners work well. No cracks and doesn't look to have any repairs.

Price: $375 plus $25 shipping via USPS or UPS.

photo 1.jpgphoto 1[1].jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 2[1].jpg

Last edited:
I think they started making the B-2 model in 1960 or so, with a paper label inside. Before that the Favilla name was wood burned inside the sound hole. But I could be wrong. :) Anyway I have one just like it and the Favillas' sound wonderful.

'Mine is '46'53; no label or serial number. I wrote Tom Favilla and got a repy in days. He seems like a really nice guy. I like the bluesy, smoked sound it gives. Glad I found mine. People are starting to take notice of Favillas and their quality so prices are starting to climb.

I've had mine just over a week and can't put it down, even with a Martin sitting next to it. The low G tuning reminds me of the old days playingat the Marble Arch hotel in Vancouver; full of smoke, drunks and beer. This is a good deal and a great bari..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom