shipping to austrailia?

well I've had a lot of ukes shipped to me in Aus....from sop to baritone size usually in hard cases and it's never cost me more than 100 bucks through USPS Priority International, and usually a fair bit less than that...the most recent time was only a few months back...what do you call crazy high? Some of the bigger retail stores tend to charge more (120-200) because they can...artisan, elderly etc. I have been quoted 300+ dollars a few times with UPS so gave up on ever contemplating using them

I think that's cause FedEx only do the superfast option for overseas and do a courier drop direct to the door...like 2 days or something...

was the 220 quote for express international or priority?

Ask Mim. She's offering shipping to Australia for only $55-60 and she states that she is using USPS. Ask her how she does it.

Anthony

Austrailia is notorious for having one of the highest rates for shipping to. As a commercial shipper of ukes the cheapest is by far usps international. There are also size restrictions so you cannot ship larger than 79" girth times length which makes it difficult to save on multiple ukes unless you get alot and then move to one of the other carriers fed ex-ups-and others like DHL who will ship larger boxes...For USPS a uke in a good wood hardhell case with tenor should run just under a 100 about 90.00

When I bought my uke from Hawaii Music Supply, USPS priority mail cost $60.

Not exactly sure what service they were quoting but it was way ridic. USPS got it under 100 now....Thank you all for the help

Spend $800+ on a superb uke at Hawaii Music Supply for free international shipping. Problem solved :D

It is a lot to pay for shipping, but its usually worth it. Chances are, you are unable to get the same uke locally...and the total price including shipping is usually still cheaper than local prices.

Last edited:
fedex told like 525-530 usps told me like 220ish 100 would be ok me thinks

jaw.gif

you have got to be kidding me!!!

When I bought my uke from Hawaii Music Supply, USPS priority mail cost $60.
Wow, mine was $85.10, for concert uke & hard case.

... Chances are, you are unable to get the same uke locally...and the total price including shipping is usually still cheaper than local prices.

And that's where they have us. You have to balance it out. Sometimes the shipping may seem high, yet still cheaper than I'd pay locally if they could even get it in for me - and I'd rather pay the shipping to be sure I am getting a well set-up instrument from someone who knows ukes, eg HMS. At this stage I've found shipping costs somewhere between $56 - something totally ridiculous, but averaging between $60-$80 USD.

Aussie shipping

I got a mainland from mike for around $55 and the same for a gretsch that is coming from Michigan by Usps. I' tracking it now. shipped Tuesday it arrived Sydney Friday evening. It will likely take another week to travel the last 1000km to Queensland.

Top Bottom