Rope Binding?

Paul December

Reaction score
Other than a Mainland or Custom, does anyone else make ukes with rope binding :confused:

:eek: I just love rope binding!

DeVine, Wise, Barron River,.....

I feel so all alone, am I the only person who doesn't like rope binding on instruments? Is there a support group for people like me?

I feel so all alone, am I the only person who doesn't like rope binding on instruments? Is there a support group for people like me?
A good 10% of the Mainland posts I read...
...ask about getting one without rope binding :D

I'm not a big fan. I like herringbone myself. There has been many a time I've almost bought a Kala acacia uke just because of it.

www.lehuaukule.com (possibly ukuleles) makes traditional (rope edged) solid acacia blackwood in soprano=long neck soprano=concert=tenor. The design is by Bob Gleason of Pegasus Guitars & Ukuleles. They are made in Portugal and imported through a fellow in SoCal. The bindings are also solid wood..not plastic.
I am the Oregon dealer. I have sold several to islanders who are in the area. There seems to be more said about them on the FleaMarketMusic website and archives than on UkuleleUnderground.

Top Bottom