So sad. :(

Gadzukes!

Reaction score
Chuck Moore recently contacted me to let me know my name had come up in the waiting list, and that he was ready to build my dream uke. Alas, in the interim I came down with some health issues and couldn't come close to affording one, so I had to pass it on to the next in line. :(

As problems go it's not too bad, but it still feels like losing a lottery ticket!

Chuck, if I *do* win the lottery, you'll be the first guy I contact to get back on the list. :)

That is sad, and sorry to hear about the health issues. I can relate, for sure.

Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure that when you have recovered both healthwise and financially, Chuck will build you an amazing ukulele.

Bummer! Playing the uke helps me take my mind off my health issues, if only for a few minutes at a time.

Here's hoping things will turn around for you and there is a Moore Bettah in your future!

Aloha Gadzukes,
So sorry to hear on your health issues...hope you get back on your feet ...You could have asked Chuckie to put you a few builds down..or give me your place..hee hee
Seriously get better and I hope one day you will get your dream Chuckie....take care and many blessings

Gadzukes, that's a bummer. Well wishes to you and for your health.

I hope your health issues have been taken care of. It must be very frustrating to lose your spot on Chuck's build list (I'd be happy just to be on the build list!), but in the long run, having your health is the most important thing.

Wishing you good health. How long were you on the list before Chuck contacted you? He must have been disappointed as well.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. My health issues aren't serious, but they are certainly affecting my life. Doctors keep saying autoimmune, but no one knows what. In the meantime, a chronic back problem makes sitting (and ukeing) difficult. Life goes on!

Hi, Gadzukes! ~ So glad to hear that your health issues aren't serious -- I know how frustrating it is when no one can figure out (or explain) what is going on in that capacity. I have health issues which greatly affect my daily life, too -- and I have had to give up things (that were very special to me, too) that I can no longer do as a result of medical problems...fortunately, to use the saying (something like this), even though I had to "close some doors, some new ones did open." I truly hope you get to realize your dream one day with having a Moore Bettah uke! I also send you many well-wishes to have a return to good/better health -- and I hope life presents you with many new, open doors filled with positive opportunities! My best to you! P.S. There have been many days when I couldn't uke either because of health stuff -- during these times, I find that even just listening to uke music lifts my spirits. :)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. My health issues aren't serious, but they are certainly affecting my life. Doctors keep saying autoimmune, but no one knows what. In the meantime, a chronic back problem makes sitting (and ukeing) difficult. Life goes on!

Few people on UU know about my battle with an auto immune disease that got so bad that I could barely walk, much less build ukes. Now that it's behind me I can talk about it. I was frightened, uninformed and in pain 24/7. I beat it through diet primarily (and some lifestyle adjustments) and today I feel like I did when I was 30 years old. Do what you doctor advises but do not ignore complimentary and alternative therapies for pain and disease management. You might want to do a Google search on diet and auto-immune diseases.
PM or email me if you'd like to talk about it. I have a feeling that getting you healthy is perhaps the real reason you had been on my wait list.

So sorry to hear about your health issues... I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you'll get your Moore Bettah one day!

Sorry to hear, my friend! It had to be rough, as I can only imagine the joy of having my build come up (what a dream!) only to be followed by the immediate realization of having to pass.

There are things far more important than ukes and health is right there at #1; without it we are nothing. So heal, my friend, and after that things will fall into place. Best of health to you!

Agreed...Health is very important so take care of yourself...BTW, great pic w/ Aldrine!

I have a feeling that getting you healthy is perhaps the real reason you had been on my wait list.

Dr. Chuck! A prime example of how kindness and ukuleles go hand in hand. I love waking up to a nice positive story like this. I wish you the best, Gadzukes, and I really want to second Chuck's comment about diet. It takes a little patience, but the right diet enables better nutrient absorption, which in turn strengthens the immune system - and makes you feel younger!

P.S. I hear it also helps if you wear a gas mask and a clean suit!

-Steve

Top Bottom