First Tuner!

Monami

Reaction score
Sooo I know it's not a new ukulele or a new guitar... but I'm pretty excited about my first tuner!! Just got it in the mail today! It's a Snark SN-1 and I got it for around 9 bucks. No more tuning off of hearing the g string on youtube from this day forward. Hurray! :) Anyone else have this tuner? Anyone else like it? :p

Yep, an electronic tuner is a handy accessory! I have the Snark SN-2 and I like it a lot.

The Snark ones frequently come up as recommendation, so I think you picked a good one! :)

I still use my iPad as a tuner. Had ordered a tuner on eBay, but it got lost in the mail, and the replacement hasn't arrived yet (it's some to me unknown brand, this one).

Congratulations! I use the Snark SN-8 "Super Tight." I would like to learn how to tune by ear, but I find my tuner indispensable.

One word of caution.... I've bought a number of Snark tuners and found that the little rubber pad on the bottom of the clip-on part of the tuner has a tendency to fall off. If I were to buy a new tuner, I'd take the pad off and reattach it with some sort of superglue, so that it doesn't fall off when I'm not paying attention and I end up losing it.

Haha thanks UKEonomics! You should totally get one of these :)

cantsing, I totally agree! Tuning is so much quicker and accurate now, plus the tuner looks pretty nice ;)

Thanks Mivo. I haven't heard of that brand either, but I'd like to hear about how it goes when you try it! Also hope it gets to you safely this time!

Thanks for the heads up mds725. Definitely wouldn't have known to glue the pad down without your tip.

I have a couple ENOs, they used to sell them on the UU store. Don't have that particular model, but mine seemed a bit bulky compared to a Snark. Decent tuners, though. I'm sure it will fit the bill.

The ENO arrived today and it is actually pretty small. I had thought they'd be larger. :) Works fine, too! I went ahead and ordered a second one for the other uke. (In a different place.)

I love my Snark. It is fast and responsive. I agree that the little rubber pad falls off pretty easily. I didn't glue it on or anything but that might be a good idea. The only other problem with it is that my 3 year old daughter also likes the tuner and so it is currently MIA, but it should turn up eventually so for now I'll use my backup.

One word of caution.... I've bought a number of Snark tuners and found that the little rubber pad on the bottom of the clip-on part of the tuner has a tendency to fall off. If I were to buy a new tuner, I'd take the pad off and reattach it with some sort of superglue, so that it doesn't fall off when I'm not paying attention and I end up losing it.

Ok, so I am not the only one. The foot of my SN-8 fell off and I lost it. I emailed them and they sent me a new one... still seems like a drop of glue would cost less than a postage stamp and new foot... Other than that, I like my snark.

Some people collect strings; I collect tuners. I've been looking for that nice, cheap one to keep in every case. Not sure a perfect one like that exists, but Snark is close. I also would love to get a Peterson to keep at the house. I wonder if anyone can speak to the "sweetened" tuning for the uke?

CJ.. Stan gave me a Cherub tuner..hard to find,but you can tune each note -10 to -50 and +10 +50..i like it a lot..i know you don't have one yet..

Top Bottom