FS: Pono MBD Solid Mahogany Baritone

khal

Reaction score
I hate to part with this, but I have overextended myself financially and ... well I need to sell it.

It's got a gorgeous tone, great action, and like all Ponos a truss rod. HMS set it up perfectly so I haven't touched the truss rodIt was recently purchased from HMS. It comes with the Oahu hard case.

The strings on it now are Southcoast for Bb tuning. I'm not a fan of this tuning, I think this uke sounds better with low D Living Waters.

I am including new sets of Living Water strings, Koolau, and Guadalupe low GCEA. I will also add a set of Guadalupe DGBE that I tried but didn't like.

I paid $614 for the uke and case.

I'm asking $500 for the uke, case and strings, including shipping to CONUS.

Thanks,
Kim

pono4.jpgpono3.jpgpono2.jpgpono1.jpgpono7.jpg

I got a Pono mahogany baritone a couple of days ago. It came with Southcoast ML-CM strings, and was tuned to Bb. I thought there was too much tension for me as a beginner, i.e., just a little too hard on the fingers for picking with the right hand. Yesterday, I called Southcoast & asked for a recommendation for strings with a little less tension or softer feel. I was surprised that the answer was to try tuning a half step down, i.e., A, since I do not care about the key. WOW, what a difference. A great sound. I can't put the uke down. It's like I'm addicted to it.

Anyway I think the Pono mahogany baritone is superb, & so is Southcoast.

Top Bottom