PDA

View Full Version : Help me out guys!

UkEdman90
12-15-2008, 08:54 PM
so im trying 2 get a new uke for myself here for christmas and the only problem is i have no money! im trying 2 get my parents 2 get me one but quite frankly money is tight and they said no! i have a kala spruce top tenor and dont get me wrong i love her! but i want 2 spread the joy of my uke to my younger cousin who love the darn thing and is like my lil brother! so i want 2 get a pono KOA tenor cuz i love the feel! ive been oogling this bad boy: http://cgi.ebay.com/PONO-PKT1E-SOLID-KOA-TENOR-UKULELE-BY-KOOLAU-w-hard-cs_W0QQitemZ250342218336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item250342218336&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

n e ways my question 2 u guys is how can i come up with the money to get this? i have been trying 2 get a job for ever with no luck! so cal really sux right now! WUT DO I DO! i wana spread the LOVE OF THE UKE!

Guting
12-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Unless you got stuff to sell you really dont have any options, I would settle for something cheaper, then save up for next time.

UkEdman90
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Unless you got stuff to sell you really dont have any options, I would settle for something cheaper, then save up for next time.

i have stuff 2 sell but no one wants 2 buy! sux man! i cant stand 2 c my lil cuz not playn my uke man! KID ROX!

so i think ima give her to him no matter what!

russ_buss
12-16-2008, 06:30 AM
very nice of you to think of your cousin. my only advice is to "live within your means". if you can't afford that koa uke because it's out of your price range, don't stress over it. there are still plenty of perfectly fine ukes that are in the sub $200 range (all of mine are). the gift of music doesn't have to come with a high price tag. just saying.

UkEdman90
12-16-2008, 06:39 AM
very nice of you to think of your cousin. my only advice is to "live within your means". if you can't afford that koa uke because it's out of your price range, don't stress over it. there are still plenty of perfectly fine ukes that are in the sub $200 range (all of mine are). the gift of music doesn't have to come with a high price tag. just saying.

yeah i feel you on that one! i shouldn't have picked that uke up in the store! i fell in love with the darn thing! the sound the warmth! amazing!

Ukuleleblues
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Since you already play, find out how much a street performer license is in your town, get one and play for tips on the street.

bundy
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Not cool. - seeso

Guting
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Not cool. - seeso

o rly

haolejohn
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Bundy, I hope you are seriously joking. IF not just leave.

bundy
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
o rly

Not cool. - seeso

haolejohn
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Not cool. - seeso

LOL. I know that your kidding now. I once joked about selling oxycotin with my mom in law. It backfired. She went to the cops and told them I was selling. I laugh now but I didn't laugh three years ago.

bundy
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
LOL. I know that your kidding now. I once joked about selling oxycotin with my mom in law. It backfired. She went to the cops and told them I was selling. I laugh now but I didn't laugh three years ago.

Not cool. - seeso

UkEdman90
12-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Not cool. - seeso

gtfo... haha

ur not cool!

bundy
12-17-2008, 02:04 PM
gtfo... haha

ur not cool!

alright. seriously, just babysit your little cousins/family friends. easiest thing ever if theyre already like 5. if anything, just wait til after christmas. use the money you get as gifts and sell some of the gifts you dont want.

how old are you?

UkEdman90
12-19-2008, 08:26 PM
ok so update here guys! i have given away my uke to my little cousin! he is moving away to northern cali at the end of this month with his a-hole dad. Hopefully that uke brings as much joy to him as it did to me! now onto a new dilemma... wondering how ima b able 2 get a new uke!

ukulele_Freak
12-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Your not coming right out and asking to be Deached or Russ-Bussed are you? Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of it? :D

upskydowncloud
12-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Your not coming right out and asking to be Deached or Russ-Bussed are you? Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of it? :D

Yeah I got that impression too! I'm sure he wasn't though and is just trying to get some useful ideas.

I too have wanted a uke that is way out of my price range, luckily I was able to sell a few things on ebay. I've been saving up for around 6 months now and I'm still about a third of the money short for the uke. My advice is to just be patient, if you do want one that's expensive just save up bit by bit. Even if you have very little to save you could put a bit away every month, that's what I've been doing. It takes time but overall I think it's worth it.

Other than that my last suggestion is to get some sort of part time job!

Good luck man.

EDIT: don't forget people buy pretty much anything on ebay so even if you get a gift for christmas you don't think is any use to you you could try and sell it.

benmealer
12-20-2008, 07:05 AM
:uhoh: i dunno

hoosierhiver
12-20-2008, 07:36 AM
If you live a good life,I think things tend to work themselves out.

UkEdman90
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM

no haha, this is uke talk isnt it! im just spreading the love of the uke. Telling u guys about it and maybe i will get sum positive input on other things bro!

UkEdman90
12-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah I got that impression too! I'm sure he wasn't though and is just trying to get some useful ideas.

I too have wanted a uke that is way out of my price range, luckily I was able to sell a few things on ebay. I've been saving up for around 6 months now and I'm still about a third of the money short for the uke. My advice is to just be patient, if you do want one that's expensive just save up bit by bit. Even if you have very little to save you could put a bit away every month, that's what I've been doing. It takes time but overall I think it's worth it.

Other than that my last suggestion is to get some sort of part time job!

Good luck man.

EDIT: don't forget people buy pretty much anything on ebay so even if you get a gift for christmas you don't think is any use to you you could try and sell it.

Hey man GREAT ADVICE! thats actually what i started last month than life frkn punched me right in the face! some guy hit my truck anf f'd up my radiotor! so i bought a new one online as well as new headlights and a bumper and what happens... i got scammed! totally sucked! but eh wutever im still allive and kick'n! but dats what im trying 2 do! and about the partime job issue! i tell u i have the worst luck! i get called back ALL the time for interviews! then what happens after i get an interview...the place shuts down! no lie! personally i think i have a cloud that just Fvck's up company's! haha

UkEdman90
12-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Since you already play, find out how much a street performer license is in your town, get one and play for tips on the street.

I ACTUALLY HAD ONE! it was cool man! had lots of fun! it expired thou :confused: but eh w/e made like 20 bux a night pretty solid

UkEdman90
12-22-2008, 02:17 PM
So today i went to a local music shop where my buddy works and they loaned me an applause concert! :eek: although i had 2 throw sum collateral down my bicycle :( but meh, until i conger up some money i can play this bad boy! its ok not to thrilled but w/e its a uke! YAY! i was really thinking i was gona b ukeless on Christmas!

Plainsong
12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Awesome! I've only briefly played an applause soprano. They're solid ukes. It's easier to look at that uke wish list when you have one in your hands. If you have a small amp, it's time to get busking! :)

I know what you mean about gifting a uke to someone really talented. My husband's little brother is a string instrument freak. Mostly a guitar player but if it has strings, he can play it and play it damn well. He immediately conquered my tenor Fluke and I couldn't see how that uke was leaving with me. He did buy it off me, but I made it reasonable. It sits by his couch, closer to it than his new Fender tele. :)

He could come to this forum and completely pwn if he wanted to.

UkEdman90
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Awesome! I've only briefly played an applause soprano. They're solid ukes. It's easier to look at that uke wish list when you have one in your hands. If you have a small amp, it's time to get busking! :)

eh its ok. not what its all hyped up 2 be thou let me tell u that! im not used to it thou! haha

Plainsong
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Does it have a buzz? The one I played didn't want to be pushed too loud before buzzing, but I guess it has a pickup for a reason.

Keep it in a case if you have one. If you search, you may find an icky story involving an Applause, and some roaches who called it home. ;)

UkEdman90
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Does it have a buzz? The one I played didn't want to be pushed too loud before buzzing, but I guess it has a pickup for a reason.

Keep it in a case if you have one. If you search, you may find an icky story involving an Applause, and some roaches who called it home. ;)

yeah it has a buz! sux!