Help me out guys!

UkEdman90

Reaction score
so im trying 2 get a new uke for myself here for christmas and the only problem is i have no money! im trying 2 get my parents 2 get me one but quite frankly money is tight and they said no! i have a kala spruce top tenor and dont get me wrong i love her! but i want 2 spread the joy of my uke to my younger cousin who love the darn thing and is like my lil brother! so i want 2 get a pono KOA tenor cuz i love the feel! ive been oogling this bad boy: http://cgi.ebay.com/PONO-PKT1E-SOLI...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

n e ways my question 2 u guys is how can i come up with the money to get this? i have been trying 2 get a job for ever with no luck! so cal really sux right now! WUT DO I DO! i wana spread the LOVE OF THE UKE!

Unless you got stuff to sell you really dont have any options, I would settle for something cheaper, then save up for next time.

Unless you got stuff to sell you really dont have any options, I would settle for something cheaper, then save up for next time.

i have stuff 2 sell but no one wants 2 buy! sux man! i cant stand 2 c my lil cuz not playn my uke man! KID ROX!

so i think ima give her to him no matter what!

very nice of you to think of your cousin. my only advice is to "live within your means". if you can't afford that koa uke because it's out of your price range, don't stress over it. there are still plenty of perfectly fine ukes that are in the sub $200 range (all of mine are). the gift of music doesn't have to come with a high price tag. just saying.

very nice of you to think of your cousin. my only advice is to "live within your means". if you can't afford that koa uke because it's out of your price range, don't stress over it. there are still plenty of perfectly fine ukes that are in the sub $200 range (all of mine are). the gift of music doesn't have to come with a high price tag. just saying.

yeah i feel you on that one! i shouldn't have picked that uke up in the store! i fell in love with the darn thing! the sound the warmth! amazing!

Not cool. - seeso

Last edited by a moderator:
Bundy, I hope you are seriously joking. IF not just leave.

Not cool. - seeso

LOL. I know that your kidding now. I once joked about selling oxycotin with my mom in law. It backfired. She went to the cops and told them I was selling. I laugh now but I didn't laugh three years ago.

LOL. I know that your kidding now. I once joked about selling oxycotin with my mom in law. It backfired. She went to the cops and told them I was selling. I laugh now but I didn't laugh three years ago.

Not cool. - seeso

gtfo... haha

ur not cool!

alright. seriously, just babysit your little cousins/family friends. easiest thing ever if theyre already like 5. if anything, just wait til after christmas. use the money you get as gifts and sell some of the gifts you dont want.

how old are you?

ok so update here guys! i have given away my uke to my little cousin! he is moving away to northern cali at the end of this month with his a-hole dad. Hopefully that uke brings as much joy to him as it did to me! now onto a new dilemma... wondering how ima b able 2 get a new uke!

Your not coming right out and asking to be Deached or Russ-Bussed are you? Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of it? :D

Yeah I got that impression too! I'm sure he wasn't though and is just trying to get some useful ideas.

I too have wanted a uke that is way out of my price range, luckily I was able to sell a few things on ebay. I've been saving up for around 6 months now and I'm still about a third of the money short for the uke. My advice is to just be patient, if you do want one that's expensive just save up bit by bit. Even if you have very little to save you could put a bit away every month, that's what I've been doing. It takes time but overall I think it's worth it.

Other than that my last suggestion is to get some sort of part time job!

Good luck man.

EDIT: don't forget people buy pretty much anything on ebay so even if you get a gift for christmas you don't think is any use to you you could try and sell it.

Last edited:
Your not coming right out and asking to be Deached or Russ-Bussed are you? Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of it? :D

no haha, this is uke talk isnt it! im just spreading the love of the uke. Telling u guys about it and maybe i will get sum positive input on other things bro!

Top Bottom