Am I the only one...

H

Hippie Dribble

...who doesn't like the way the previous week's season is always dumped a day early?

Threads for the new week are posted a day prematurely in my opinion. Everyone hops on to the new theme before the one before has even run its course... Disheartening to the previous week's host and discouraging to members still finalising their entries.

Weeks should start on Monday and Finish Sunday.

Just my :2cents:

I don't mind the day overlap.
Gives the Sunday to both wrap up and start the new season.
If we go with an exact week I reckon it should be Sunday to Saturday.
I think forum users these days are well able to concentrate on lots of threads / topics / seasons at the same time.
Just MHO.

I'm with Pa, I think the day overlap helps. Honestly, I have so little time that even without the day overlap I often can't get anything in the can on time.

Most of the weeks that I have been able to participate it's when I've seen the theme on Saturday afternoon and managed to throw something together quickly by Sunday. I'm noticing that if I don't get something done the "opening" weekend I probably won't get anything done for that week at all. That's probably why my entries are so mediocre, I guess.

This week is a good example - I should have recorded my song for week 55 last Sunday. I knew immediately what song I wanted to do and it's one I know reasonably well but I wanted to "polish" it and lay down an extra vocal track since that's allowed for week 55. Now, the weather has gone cool and rainy and I've got coughing adults and restless kids stacked up to the eaves and so about as much chance of recording a video as spitting into a hurricane... :(

So...I guess my California Dreaming will be done silently...

John

thanks for the thoughts, lads. i guess i am the only one. don't mind me I'm sick and grumpy and just had a gutful at the moment. I need some time away from the internet it's got to saturation point i'm afraid. have a good week fellas

I hear what you're sayin' about the overlap. I've thought about that as well, and though I don't think either way is ideal, I don't quite mind the overlap either. For me personally, I would rather see each season last TWO weeks with a day of overlap. I often don't have time to go over a song and record it let alone watch as many wonderful and inspiring videos as I would like. Sorry if I hijacked your thread there Jon, just thinking out loud. I'm down with a bug this week as well and can hardly think at all.

Cheers

It seems to me that some people get their entries done early in the week and are ready to start thinking about the next challenge by Saturday and posting it on Sunday. Others need the extra time to get their entry together. I can end up in either group depending on the theme and how busy my week is.
I think the overlap allows people to focus on the old week, the new week or both as suits their own situation.

Just my $0.02

I like a little overlap, such as starting early Sunday morning and going to the next Sunday midnight. Sunday afternoon you can do a song search and get some noodling through a selection done.

I definitely do not like a new week starting before late Saturday night, U.S. time.
Late Saturday for, say, Central time (Chicago/Dallas) would be late Saturday for the majority of Seasonistas.

Last edited:
I often can't get anything in the can on time

I'm sick...and just had a gutful

kelloggs-all-bran-1280-p.jpg
+
213854066_peptoBismol_answer_3_xlarge.png

The new Season has usually gotten announced on Saturday night. It doesn't seem to keep songs from coming in on Sunday. Matty and Ralf usually upload their songs on Sunday, which are usually among the best for the week. If I'd had more time today, I might have done a bonus song for Week 55.

Given that we have Seasonistas around the world, with varying time zones, having the overlap is useful so wherever you are in the world, you're getting a full week to participate.

The new Season has usually gotten announced on Saturday night. It doesn't seem to keep songs from coming in on Sunday. Matty and Ralf usually upload their songs on Sunday, which are usually among the best for the week. If I'd had more time today, I might have done a bonus song for Week 55.

Given that we have Seasonistas around the world, with varying time zones, having the overlap is useful so wherever you are in the world, you're getting a full week to participate.

yep Jim, point taken

Wherever in the world a Seasonista is, that uker has 8 days to get a song posted. It may not be late Saturday night till the following Sunday midnight where they live, but the length of time is just the same.

The vast majority of Seasonistas live in the contiguous U.S. states, and the timing from late-Sat. to Sun. midnight, U.S. time, gives perhaps 90% of the Seasonistas two Sundays to work on songs.

Top Bottom