MP walnut/spruce tenor finished!

Sayyadina

Reaction score
Hey guys! After seeing and hearing Dominator's beautiful walnut/spruce tenor I decided I needed a walnut/spruce myself. After several (hundred) emails with Mike, which he all answered patiently and promptly (thank you Mike!) everything was decided and Mike started the building process. This process now has come to an end. Mike strung the uke up yesterday and will send it in a few days. I think it is absolutely marvelous, a real beauty!

The specs are as follows:
- spruce top with walnut soundhole rosette
- curly walnut sides and back with a maple/ebony pin striped binding
- ebony fretboard with triangle position markers
- headstock also bound with maple plus MP and cat inlay
- lowG strings (Worths I think)
- oil finish

I can't wait until I can finally play the hell out of the sucker!!! Too bad delivery to Germany will take quite some time and even more with the Christmas holiday. Oh well, more time for pleasant anticipation.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

DSC04560.jpg

DSC04561.jpg

DSC04566.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new MP, Sayyadina! Looks fantastic. :D I've read some great things about the tonal qualities of the walnut/spruce combo. Being a cat owner myself, I greatly appreciate your custom cat inlay! And Mike's new headstock design looks very cool. Congratulations again and happy holidays,

David

I love it. Mike makes such incredible instruments; my MP Soprano is my highest quality uke I own and I seem to play it more than any other uke. Congrats on your purchase and I cannot wait to hear sound samples!!!

He has been the friendliest luthier to deal with thus far. All I can do is gaze at the picture, and listen to the sample, but here's what's sitting under my tree. My husband checked it out, then LOCKED THE CASE, and wrapped it!

Uke #44 arrived safely to Finland in about 7 days after it shipped, but that was just before the holiday rush. Yours is a beauty too, and I'm really looking forward to that Ukulelereview review also.

lo62.jpg

Last edited:
He has been the friendliest luthier to deal with thus far. All I can do is gaze at the picture, and listen to the sample, but here's what's sitting under my tree. My husband checked it out, then LOCKED THE CASE, and wrapped it!

Uke #44 arrived safely to Finland in about 7 days after it shipped, but that was just before the holiday rush. Yours is a beauty too, and I'm really looking forward to that Ukulelereview review also.

1011098.jpg

Hehe I am doing the exact same thing here. Listen to the sound sample Mike sent me and anticipate the arrival. It will not be here in time for Christmas though.

I too have that sound sample from Mike's number 44. You will not regret buying that uke! Have a nice Christmas with it!

OK enough, I'm drooling . . . hopefully sometime during the coming year.

I couldn't believe no one wanted poor little lonely 044. I just had to give it a home really, that's what it was. ;)

There's just a small ding in the binding at the bottom, and Anders confirmed that it was a very very small ding in the binding. Doesn't exactly affect the sound.

Mike nicely added a pin at the end for a strap, because it's usually when trying to play something really good that a uke will slip out of my hands. I'm clutzy that way, but at least I don't have to drill into it myself!

Two more days! (In Finland Christmas Eve is the big day. :) )

I couldn't believe no one wanted poor little lonely 044. I just had to give it a home really, that's what it was. ;)

There's just a small ding in the binding at the bottom, and Anders confirmed that it was a very very small ding in the binding. Doesn't exactly affect the sound.

Mike nicely added a pin at the end for a strap, because it's usually when trying to play something really good that a uke will slip out of my hands. I'm clutzy that way, but at least I don't have to drill into it myself!

Two more days! (In Finland Christmas Eve is the big day. :) )

I guess most people that buy from a luthier want ukes that got built especially for them. I also saw those nice and relatively cheap ukes that Mike had on his "for sale" page but I wanted to go through the whole process of chosing woods and everything myself. That's one of the best parts about getting a custom uke :).

But undoubtedly playing the thing is what is most important! Too bad I won't be at home when my new tenor arrives here. I'll have to wait at least two more weeks before being able to try it out as I am visiting my parents over Christmas. But I will have my other MP uke with me to help me get through the waiting time hehehe.

Top Bottom