FS: New Sopranino Spruce/Koa Ukulele by Black Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new sopranino size uke made of Sitka spruce for the top and Koa for the body. The neck is also Koa with a graphite truss rod for strength and stability. There are 12 frets to the body, 17 total. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Fret board position marker are Abalone diamonds with white side dots. Bindings are rosewood with multi-layered wood strips for the rosette. Bone nut and saddle. Tuners are the new Gotoh planetary geared 4:1 machines with small cream colored knobs. These tuners are small and light weight enough to work fine on a small uke like this. Worth BM brand strings. The playing scale is 11 1/2". Can be tuned to the standard pitch (high A) or up to a high B. Nitro-lacquer high gloss finish with a semi-gloss satin smooth touch. Low easy playing action and a very nice high clear spruce sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$725

Attachments

• Sopranino 2012-03-09a.jpg
    Sopranino 2012-03-09a.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Sopranino 2012-03-09c.jpg
    Sopranino 2012-03-09c.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Sopranino 2012-03-09b.jpg
    Sopranino 2012-03-09b.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Sopranino 2012-03-09d.jpg
    Sopranino 2012-03-09d.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
I just bought a BB koa sopranino from Duane and I can't put it down. It's the most fun I've had on the ukulele in a while. I'm amazed at how good it sounds!

Beautiful little uke. Beautiful.

Yes, it is smaller than a soprano. The playing scale on a soprano is about 13 3/4" long. A sopranino is about 11 1/2" long. It would be like playing a soprano if the nut were at the 3 fret, of course the body is also smaller making the sound more delicate and not as loud.

This fine little uke is still available. Make me a reasonable offer I can't refuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom