New Jerseyian Reporting In!

synthtaco

Reaction score
Hi err'body - I'm Ama, from NJ. Was gifted a soprano uke from my boyfriend for my birthday and I haven't put it down since. :)

I'm kinda musically inclined (play guitar and piano), so it's been pretty easy to pick up and so fun to play!

Kinda came here looking for good music discussion, to learn from others more experienced, and get new ideas for songs to write/cover.

Cheers!

Hello, I'm glad that you found us! This is a great site and the forums are packed with the most knowing and friendly people. You will learn bunches here and don't be afraid to ask questions. Welcome!

Hello, I'm glad that you found us! This is a great site and the forums are packed with the most knowing and friendly people. You will learn bunches here and don't be afraid to ask questions. Welcome!

Hey! and thanks :)

Aloha Ama,
Welcome to the UU and happy belated birthday greetings and congrats on your first ukulele...Yes it is a fun and happy instrument.. Yes you stumbled upon a gold mine here
this is the best forum by far with nice friendly ukers giving great advice...also it is the most active around...have fun and enjoy...happy strummings...yes you came to the right plaice girl... :)

Welcome Ama! This is a great place to hang out and learn....lots of great players and nice people willing to share info and ideas. I'm in South Jersey just outside of Philly if you're ever interested in getting together to play some tunes.

Welcome to UU Ama, it's great to have you with us.

:D Thanks!

Aloha Ama,
Welcome to the UU and happy belated birthday greetings and congrats on your first ukulele...Yes it is a fun and happy instrument.. Yes you stumbled upon a gold mine here
this is the best forum by far with nice friendly ukers giving great advice...also it is the most active around...have fun and enjoy...happy strummings...yes you came to the right plaice girl... :)

Yeah, it seemed super active so that what's drew me in! Thanks for the welcome :)

Welcome Ama! This is a great place to hang out and learn....lots of great players and nice people willing to share info and ideas. I'm in South Jersey just outside of Philly if you're ever interested in getting together to play some tunes.

See, this is exactly why I joined! Hey fellow Jersey person, haha. It'd be nice to collab with others!

Hey Ama!

There's a uke group in the philly/nj area that has a lot of monthly meetups. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you some info.

Welcome to UU, glad you joined us.

With that musical background you'll be jammin with the best of them in no time!

Keep us posted

Welcome to the UU Ama!!!
Glad you found us and glad you joined!!

Joisey is in da house!!!!
PS...where in NJ are you?

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Ama! I used to live in NJ for almost five years -- Sussex county, so way "up north!" We loved it there! Whereabouts are you in NJ? So glad that you crossed paths with a uke -- and so happy to hear that you're having fun playing it, too! You'll just love UU -- it's a SUPER place filled with helpful, supportive, and caring folks!

Hey Ama!

There's a uke group in the philly/nj area that has a lot of monthly meetups. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you some info.

Yeah, that'd be great :)

Welcome to UU, glad you joined us.

With that musical background you'll be jammin with the best of them in no time!

Keep us posted

Will do! I'm glad you guys have a section where we can post vids :p

Welcome to the UU Ama!!!
Glad you found us and glad you joined!!

Joisey is in da house!!!!
PS...where in NJ are you?

North Jersey, not so far from NYC! And thanks for the welcome :)

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Ama! I used to live in NJ for almost five years -- Sussex county, so way "up north!" We loved it there! Whereabouts are you in NJ? So glad that you crossed paths with a uke -- and so happy to hear that you're having fun playing it, too! You'll just love UU -- it's a SUPER place filled with helpful, supportive, and caring folks!

I'm almost as north, just East in Bergen County! It's okay here, I'm lucky to live in a nice area not so far from NYC. :)

Yeah, everyone here seems incredibly welcoming so far and totally nice, haha. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, Ama. Born and raised in Trenton. Enjoy that uke!

Greetings!

Welcome, Ama!

I am new to the forum as well...and I am in Bergen county too! I too play lots of instruments, but embarrassed to say I am pretty much a slacker/failure at music theory and other forms of true music nerdiness (which I totally admire.). :) I just like to play!

Top Bottom