red series strings: a little contribute

Great video! You sold me (I watched it with English subtitles on) and the bit with Moon River was really nice.

When and where will they be available?! They are currently not on ebay or HMS (which I was mainly hoping for).

They said that the tenor high G set is out of stock...Or maybe they probably didn't even stock yet LOL. Either way, I'm very excited about these strings.

As one of the test subjects, I've been playing these on my tenor Koa Fluke for over a month now.

I love the tone. Bright and punchy with quick decay and good balance across all of the strings. The texture definitely takes some getting used to. They have a very "grainy" feel to them that can slow down some chord changes and slides a bit.

For me, the tone trumps the texture and I plan to stock with them.

Thanks Mimmo, for letting me be a test subject!

Scooter

Yup: http://www.ukuleleworld.com/Aquila-Red/ is the only place I've seen them so far and I contributed to them being out of stock on tenor. As soon as we knew they were available we dashed off an order.

I've put a Low G set on my Kala okoume tenor and the sound is wonderful. Put them on the Kala lacewood soprano as well and am utterly delighted with them. The prime reason I wanted them was that I really despise the thuddy C on so many of our ukes (no matter which strings people used). The C alone was enough for me to want them. :)

Bonus is, they are a well balanced set, not just a great C. The texture takes some getting used to but I think it's more than worth it for the sound you can get from these strings.

As one of the test subjects, I've been playing these on my tenor Koa Fluke for over a month now.

I love the tone. Bright and punchy with quick decay and good balance across all of the strings. The texture definitely takes some getting used to. They have a very "grainy" feel to them that can slow down some chord changes and slides a bit.

For me, the tone trumps the texture and I plan to stock with them.

Thanks Mimmo, for letting me be a test subject!

Scooter

me too, I was a little unhappy with the feel, Mimmo wrote and said to try some fine sandpaper. I used some 4000 grit micromesh.
The strings now have a nice polished feel. I also have them on a fluke, would like to try a set on my banjo when the are available.

Which are the gauges of these strings?

I'd love to try these out! is there any place where the shipping doesn't cost as much as the strings do.. As well!

Top Bottom