Your State's Name Here

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
This video was uploaded for Season 55 of the ukulele - Location, Location, Location.
Lou and Peter Berryman's Generic State Song, "Your State's Name Here". However, since the song is written as a duet, and I'm a solo, I had to improvise.

The song is played on my Kala Cedar Top, using the new Aquila Red strings that Mimmo sent me. Now that the strings have been on for over a month, they've settled in nicely, and the sound is even better. Still loud when I want them to be, still a little plinky, but to me, a real nice sound. I played this instrument at the local Uke club the other night, and it held its own in the group - even my attempt at leads - not too good, and somewhat painful at times (To my finger, anyway - not sure about how much it hurt the other players) - stood out.

Enjoy!

-Kurt​

8:00 pm -I just received the following email from Peter Berryman regarding this video:

Hi Kurt,
Nice work!!! You are only the second person I know of who sings that song as a solo. The first was the late great Sam Hinton
of San Diego, who just spoke the "B" parts in a monotone. I LOVE the inventiveness of your method! Great!!!
And with a splinted finger to add mystery! Yes!!!

See you soon,
Peter B

Last edited:
Yes-very well done. OREGON! BTW, strings and uke sound good!

Top Bottom