Baritone aquila red series: advice!

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
hello guys,
some complaints that the Bari RED SERIES sets has two reds and two wound instead all unwound. The 3 and 4 must be wound just to balance with the very crisp and brilliant red 1st and 2nd.
We done tests: a bari all REDS is totaly unbalanced. The problem is that most of our distributors has not read the instruction.
In short: Baritone red series has two wound and two Reds. Not possible all unwound because there are big tonal balance problems.
Ciao
Mimmo

Red Question

Hello Mimmo,
I have in front of me two string packages:
Baritone EBDG RS Singular 4th-74U BA 8/2012
" " " " 3rd-73U
Both of them are monofilament, and not wound strings. Why do these work with white Aquila 2nd and 1st, and not with RS 2nd and 1st? One of the fellows in our weekly club has RS 4(74U) and
3(73U) on his baritone and he really likes them.

While questioning ....will a 73U work as the low 4th string of a tenor ?

I shall send you the results of two ukulele club's responses to the tenor set, but in Private mail.

Grace and Peace,
Bill Thompson

Hello Mimmo,
I have in front of me two string packages:
Baritone EBDG RS Singular 4th-74U BA 8/2012
" " " " 3rd-73U
Both of them are monofilament, and not wound strings. Why do these work with white Aquila 2nd and 1st, and not with RS 2nd and 1st? One of the fellows in our weekly club has RS 4(74U) and
3(73U) on his baritone and he really likes them.

I would like to know this, too. I am trying to put together a baritone Reds dGBE, and I'm confused.

I'm getting ready to put a new set of strings on my Webber baritone. I tried the Diaddario Ti's earlier today but took them off within an hour as they were just too soft and quiet. No sustain at all.

I think there's Aquila Corde on, not Nylgut. Has anyone tried the Red bari. strings. I like the linear D,G wound string. Didn't like the Aquila nylgut on my tenor as they had a rough feeling to them. The cordes worked great.

Are the Reds as stiff as the Cordes? The COrdes are the light colored package if I'm right, while the Nylguts are the brown packaged sleeve.

I have a partial Reds set on my baritone tuned dGBE. The d, B, and E are Red, and the G is still wound.
When I receive the 73U unwound .90 G, I'll put that one, too, and it will be all Aquila Reds.
Of the 3 I am currently using, I don't find them overly stiff. They are Softer than the previous GHS strings I had
on my baritone uke, while having great tone. They feel and sound great to me.

Top Bottom