Solid body tenor for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gill

Reaction score
I am offering this solid body tenor ukulele that I built for sale. Price is $475.00 shipped UPS Ground anywhere in the lower 48 states. I will accept PayPal or USPS money order.

The body is a mahogany core with African mahogany on top and back. The neck is constructed of mahogany with a maple lamination for strength. The neck is glued and screwed to the body. The fret board and bridge are walnut.

Overall length measures 27-3/4”. The body is 9-7/8” at the lower bout. It is a 17” scale with 21 frets. The markers are pearl dots. The tuning machines are made by Grover. It is strung with Aquila Nylgut with ‘C’ and ‘G’ wound. It is tuned as low ‘G’. The nut and saddle are made from Corian.

“The Mi-Si Acoustic Trio system features an active, battery-free preamp designed specifically to work with the L.R. Baggs undersaddle acoustic pickup.
The preamp for this system uses Mi-S’s custom piezo linearization scheme - allowing for the most truthful and accurate sound from the pickup.
All you have to do is power up for 60 seconds using the Mi-Si Power Charger, providing you with up to 16 hours of performance time.” Taken from MiSi website
ElectricTenorFront.jpg

ElectricTenorBack.jpg

ElectricTenorMiSi.jpg

Here is a short video demonstration. Please forgive my lack of playing ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmCe0BPch1g&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Hi Gary,
this looks and sounds very nice, any reason the neck is both glued and screwed, tension should be low enough to not make it a major issue, right?

I just played this very instrument this weekend. Very cool and a great price for what you are getting.
By no means an acoustic, but pretty fun even not plugged in.

The neck joint is would have been sufficient either way. I originally installed tee nuts in the neck and then decided to use glue. The screws are not necessary at this point but since I had already drilled for screws, I used them. Kinda of a rookie mistake. This is the fourth ukulele I have built on my own. I have worked with my uncle David Gill on several of his acoustic ukuleles.

excellent, so if we have a Hendrix moment on stage there is no reason for concern since both belt and braces are in place...

The neck joint is would have been sufficient either way. I originally installed tee nuts in the neck and then decided to use glue. The screws are not necessary at this point but since I had already drilled for screws, I used them. Kinda of a rookie mistake. This is the fourth ukulele I have built on my own. I have worked with my uncle David Gill on several of his acoustic ukuleles.

That's a great looking and sounding performance uke. How I envy you CONUS folks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom