Heads up! Factory blem ukes on Ebay

Love the Washburn parlour guitar.

Thanks, but I think you're singing to the choir here man!

There are people here that scour eBay daily if not more often than that.....myself included.

Thanks for the heads-up Bill. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise. That's quite a selection. A weak will could land a guy in a lot of trouble there. Good thing for me about the £ and not the $.
Note sure why the autoharps are calling out to me. And the resonator, and the banjolele, and the...

It's somewhat encouraging when B-stock is advertised as such, and even more so when the seller happens to be an authorize dealer! A number of UNAUTHORIZED sellers offer products which are often procured from 3rd parties, some of which actually include "blems" &/or B-stock, but are not represented as such, being that there is little recourse from the manufacturer to those sellers, unlike buying from a factory approved vendor.

Many companies list some of the bogus sellers -- online & otherwise on their respective sites. Here is a link to Kala's dealer page that lists some unauthorized Ebayers & online sellers of their products -- caveat emptor in dealing with these chaps -- NO factory support or warranty coverage in the event of a mishap, you're on your own! http://kalaukulele.com/DealersUNAuthorized.html

Well the other thread was all about baritone ukes. I was looking for an inexpensive but decent tenor to have on my boat for the summer season. I wouldn’t dare leave my $2000 koa on there. I also wanted a uke I could do some fettling on to learn a bit about set up, strings and such.

I bought a Lanikai laminate mahogany for 69 bucks. There is a small gap under the edge of the bridge but otherwise it should be fine. I figure I can fill the cap with a mixture of wood glue and African Blackwood dust that I can make from a broken bagpipe part I have.

I see this same model sold on Amazon for about $80 but shipping to me here in Norway is always a hassle.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350716877830?

I’m happy… :)

Bill

Last edited:
Top Bottom