New Pineapple (Yester)Day

aquadan

Reaction score
I've been coveting a K-brand concert sized uke for awhile and started a fund to save up for one, but didn't expect to reach that point for quite some time. That is until last week when I found out I won first place in the HMS trivia contest. The prize was an awesome Pono uke, but it was very similar to the one I got from HMS a few weeks ago. Andrew kindly offered to instead give me credit toward another instrument.

I had to kick into high gear on a decision, Kanilea, Koaloha, Kamaka, gloss or not, pineapple, concert, ???..... After listening to tons of samples over and over again and emailing and talking with Andrew multiple times, I finally decided on this Koaloha Longneck Pineapple. I did have to kick in a little bit of my own money to make up the difference.

I got it last night and couldn't put it down. It sounds fantastic, is incredibly light and I love the look of it. The concert neck is a nice change from my tenors which are going to be ignored for just a little while.

Bonus, it's a Kamaka pineapple case, so now I can stretch the truth a bit and say I have a Kamaka too.

Huge thanks to Andrew and HMS for this prize and their great customer service. I frequently feel like I'm their only customer. I can't recommend them highly enough.

pineapple1.jpgpineapple2.jpgkoaloa1.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful, congrats! Nice photos too!

Andrew gets credit for those, the ones I took didn't look nearly as nice. (as indicated by my fuzzy 3rd picture)

Last edited:
That is until last week when I found out I won first place in the HMS trivia contest. The prize was an awesome Pono uke, but it was very similar to the one I got from HMS a few weeks ago.

Well, the contest ended a little too close to Valentine's Day (when the decision to acquire that Pono tenor was made - can highly recommend the cedar top Pono, btw!). ;)

Wow what a great story. Love the uke. Congratulations!

Congrats. That's a beauty. So happy you turned the win into a uke you really wanted. Andrew is a class act.

Congrats on the KoAloha! I love the dark striping of the Koa.

Top Bottom