FS: New Soprano Pineapple Macadamia Wood Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new soprano size pineapple uke made of all Hawaiian Macadamia wood (Macadamia integrifolia) for the body. This wood works like Honduran mahogany, has about the same sound qualities and has a beautiful warm color with lot of shimmering hi-lights. The neck is Mango wood. The top binding is Koa with one white purfling. The rosette is 3 Koa rings. There are 14 frets to the body, 17 total with a 13 5/8" playing scale. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White fingerboard dots with white side dots. The logo inlay is an orange colored reconstituted stone into ebony with an outer maple ring. Bone nut and saddle. Grover brand gold friction tuners with smaller uke friendly cream colored knobs. Worth BM brand strings. Satin nitro-lacquer finish. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed, with a limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukuleles. $30 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$750

Attachments

• Pinemac 2012-3-13a.jpg
    Pinemac 2012-3-13a.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Pinemac2012-3-13b.jpg
    Pinemac2012-3-13b.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Pinemac 2012-3-13c.jpg
    Pinemac 2012-3-13c.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Pinemac 2012-3-13d.jpg
    Pinemac 2012-3-13d.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Wow,
This could seriously jack up my aquisition schedule.
Beautiful work.

The combination of the Macadamia wood and pineapple shape make this an excellent sounding uke with plenty of volume.

Yes, the nut is 1 3/8" wide but the neck on this uke is medium, not thin, not fat.

sorry Duane, I was taking liberties based on past experience. Truth be told, I don't care what kind of neck profile you use, they all play like butter...

Top Bottom