New Uke Day! Mya-Moe 983

SmilingPanda

Reaction score
Got my new Mya-Moe ukulele today! I had it mailed to the school I work at since I knew I wouldn't be home to sign for it at delivery. It sat on my desk for half the day after delivery... until I could take it to my friend's house after school for a brief video/photo shoot of the box opening before I had to be back at school for musical rehearsal.

Unfortunately only a short video and maybe some pics for now until I can find time to do a more thorough review (after our school musical and orchestra festival are over)

This will have to do for now. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLLVF-IFywc&feature=youtu.be

Ben, I dig those Schertler tuners on the slotted head. That is an exceptional ukulele. I, too, love my Mya Moe (#958, so not too far before yours). The play-ability, as they say, is truly superb. Thanks for making this video. That uke is a winner.

And I can see why you'd go to your friend's house--that rolly-polly, with every plastic doo-hickey, play area is gnarly good! Try out that spinning ride thingy behind you on the next video, please. :D

Oh, that's yours! I saw it when they posted it on FB. It's gorgeous. Happy strummings!

I had a big smile watching your video! I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching the joy of people getting a new uke. That inlay is insane!! Congrats

Beautiful uke! That mango is amazing. I'm very happy for you! Good luck with your masters too! WTG!

I'm with Nongdam! I had that same big old smile on my face watching you cut the box open, then opening the case and that first hesitation to pick it up and strum it! Wow! That felt good! Thanks for sharing it with us Ben and have a wonderful time with it!

Just seeing your joy with this was wonderful! Congratulations! Love the inlay from Larry.

Congratulations! I love watching new uke videos! I'd been watching that ukulele in Shop Tracker. The wood actually looks even nicer in the video than it did on the MM website! My next MM uke (a mahogany 6-string baritone, #1013) just started getting built, so I'll be having a moment similar to yours in a few weeks. happy strummings with that beautiful new uke!

Congrats! I had the same smile and hesitation when I picked up my MM (897) in December!

Good news, the smile seems to be long lasting, But the hesitation is momentary. Haven't put it down since!

:eek:

Enjoy!

Aloha Ben,
Congrats on a stunning mya moe...wow wow and you upcoming masters degree....have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings :)

Love the video. My day started just right seeing this. What's better to see than joy?!

Oh man that is cool, thanks for sharing! I've got a FedEx from HMS that should arrive today with Pono MB, so I have some anticipation building of my own, but nothing like that gorgeous custom. Make great music with it!

Mike

Top Bottom