GHS Black strings in UK?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking to get some of the GHS Black nylon strings but can't seem to find any anywhere in the UK. Does anyone know where I might get some?
I'm keen to try as my sons ukulele had them fitted when we bought it and they feel and sound really nice.
Cheers,
Ian.

Can get them here.

Thanks to you both for that. Looks like it's as I thought then, none in UK! Problem with buying from US is that the postage costs more than the strings! That makes them more expensive even than the Aquila's so I may as well get those. It is actually possible to buy from the GHS website for a reasonable price so I may buy 5 sets or so from there, they were about £1.50 ($2.95) a set but the exchange rate has taken them to about £2.20. Might be worth it though if the postal rate isn't too high. I may even go over the top and get 50 and see how they sell on ebay, lol.
Cheers,
Ian.

Thanks to you both for that. Looks like it's as I thought then, none in UK! Problem with buying from US is that the postage costs more than the strings! That makes them more expensive even than the Aquila's so I may as well get those. It is actually possible to buy from the GHS website for a reasonable price so I may buy 5 sets or so from there, they were about £1.50 ($2.95) a set but the exchange rate has taken them to about £2.20. Might be worth it though if the postal rate isn't too high. I may even go over the top and get 50 and see how they sell on ebay, lol.
Cheers,
Ian.

Ian I too had the same problem living in the UK. My uke shipped with GHS strings. When they started to get a bit tired I looked for GHS to replace them. I wasn't able to find any in the UK either so I ended up getting some D'Addario strings from the Ukulele Underground store. Despite coming from Hawaii the shipping was really reasonable and the strings were excellent.T They have warm tone and feel nicer to the touch too.

Why should anyone want these black GHS strings?
Many of my ukes came with those, and none of them stayed at any of my ukes for more than a few hours. Try other strings (my fav is Worth, others prefer Aquila), they are WAY better.

Many of my ukes came with those, and none of them stayed at any of my ukes for more than a few hours. Try other strings (my fav is Worth, others prefer Aquila), they are WAY better.

i was wondering about that too... but if he wants them, he should get them.

but try Aquila, I like them a lot

I often think that when I see people driving what can only be described as god-awful cars, but I suppose everyone is different...

I store my GHS strings in the bin, right where they belong. Alternatively I turn them into a dangly toy that my cat likes to play with.

There really is no reason to use GHS strings, there are better strings out there that will make your uke sound better, guarunteed.

Top Bottom