Gambler's Special Jazz

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/nALzYgYJH7A

Well; beware: Joe Pass I ain't...
Still, I do a quick run through the chords to 'Georgia On My Mind' on the 'gambler's special' Lanikai baritone ukulele, discussed elsewhere on this forum. The instrument I got is pretty good, apart from a slight string buzz - similar to the kind you might hear on certain flamenco guitars. If you play softly, the buzz can't be noticed. However, if you play hard, it comes back again, ever so slightly. Anyway, I feel kinda lucky to get this kind of instrument for $32. Strings in this video are cheap GHS baritone strings; regular DGBE tuning. No further set-up work done on the uke so far.

http://youtu.be/nALzYgYJH7A

Well; beware: Joe Pass I ain't...
Still, I do a quick run through the chords to 'Georgia On My Mind' on the 'gambler's special' Lanikai baritone ukulele, discussed elsewhere on this forum. The instrument I got is pretty good, apart from a slight string buzz - similar to the kind you might hear on certain flamenco guitars. If you play softly, the buzz can't be noticed. However, if you play hard, it comes back again, ever so slightly. Anyway, I feel kinda lucky to get this kind of instrument for $32. Strings in this video are cheap GHS baritone strings; regular DGBE tuning. No further set-up work done on the uke so far.
I ordered one too.
I had a slight string buzz on a solid mahog Lanikai tenor I bought from Butler as a 2nd, the low G string buzzed, I put a set of the SC flatwounds on & the buzz went away,. these are very thin strings, so the string diameter probably had something to do with it.

wondrful demo doc. You play the baritone ukulele like nobody else. Thanks for yet more inspiration mate.

Inspirational stuff doc! The shipping to Norway must've been twice the price of that uke...
Tempted to get one too, but the shipping adds a lot to the price.

Inspirational stuff doc! The shipping to Norway must've been twice the price of that uke...
Tempted to get one too, but the shipping adds a lot to the price.

Shipping was $49... Still, that's $81 altogether, which is less than one third of the shop price over here. I can live with that.

mine came today, other than the slightly tarnished wound strings [aquila] it is almost perfect [ for a cheap uke] sounds and plays fine. no obvious defects, not a 2nd. $43 shipped! betterhurry, they're probably down to about 3500.

Top Bottom