Wanted Kala Arch-top Satin Black KA-JTE

christbate

Reaction score
Hello. I am on the hunt for a particularly rare creature. I am looking for a Kala jazz style arch top ukulele with f-holes, in satin black.

They made this model a few years ago, and my girlfriend fell in love with it in a guitar shop. Unfortunately the pickup was damaged, and when it was shipped back from Kala the back was cracked in the post.

The Arch top model (KA-JTE) comes in two finished at the moment, a high gloss black lacquer and a two tone satin finish, but a few years ago they made a satin/matte black version. That is the one I am after.

If you have one collecting dust or know a shop that might have one, then please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

ka-jtebk.jpg

Sorry, I should have added that I am based in the UK, but I am willing to purchase from overseas and pay for shipping.

107. actsuri

Thank you for hunting for me, unfortunately that is the high gloss lacquer version. I am after the older satin matte finish black.

http://www.fineguitars.co.uk/kala-ka-jte-bk/

Fine Guitars, 24 Stert Street, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3JP, appears to have one for sale. They want a pretty penny - but it is an exceedingly rare bird. Good luck. They appear to have had it in stock for awhile, maybe if you make an offer they will make you a deal.

Thank you. After contacting Fine Guitars and them assuring us twice that the ukulele was undamaged and perfect condition, we traveled the hour car ride to Oxford.

Unfortunately the Ukulele had a massive split in the wood on the back of the unit, which somehow went unnoticed by the manager of the so called 'Fine Guitars' shop.

The hunt still continues.

If anyone has one of these in their collection in the UK I am happy to pay full RRP (£240)

Chris

Top Bottom