Any g strings for sale

BIGDB

Reaction score
I've been looking around on the Internet and I can't find any tenor g strings for sale does anyone know where any are for sale or did he just not make very much cause I've only seen one tenor for sale

Thanks

I've been looking around on the Internet and I can't find any tenor g strings for sale does anyone know where any are for sale or did he just not make very much cause I've only seen one tenor for sale

Thanks

Am I the only one to find your thead tiltle bizarre? :D

Last edited:
or did he just not make very much cause I've only seen one tenor for sale
Thanks

Okay what your asking for isn't entirely clear, but if are you talking about the Aquila red G for various sized instruments then:

There are just the G listed on Amazon this is for soprano.

Single Aquila red strings available from ukuleleworld as well: http://www.ukuleleworld.com/Aquila-Red/

And it looks like juststrings.com has wound and red single strings for ukes: http://www.juststrings.com/aquilaukuleleothersinglestrings.html

Edit: Oh... by "he" you meant a luthier. whoops.

Last edited:
Old ones come up for sale very infrequently. Keep checking the usual sites.
New ones appear more frequently at Puapua Ukulele and ukuleleacademy.com or email Derek.
Sorry none there now.

Old ones come up for sale very infrequently. Keep checking the usual sites.
New ones appear more frequently at Puapua Ukulele and ukuleleacademy.com or email Derek.
Sorry none there now.

Does he still make ukes? His website has been saying online sales coming soon for a Long time

Been out of business for a few years. Not coming back to my knowledge.

Thought Derek moved to the Big Island and has been making far fewer ukes by himself. He's still making ukes.

Last edited:
I emailed Derek 6 months ago and he was building ukes..his waiting list was not very long and he could of had it done in 3 to 4 months..i also saw a G string at Pua Pua a month ago(an expensive one) but looks like it gots sold..

just email him from his website info and I am sure he will answer..and he is a one man shop again living on the Big Island

Last edited:
I still see some at our local ukulele shops time to time. i have one concert g-string in mint condition for sale if your interested. pm for details.

In addition to Lehua-EddyFinn-PEGHEDS; I am also an Aquila string seller of white and red sets and singles. I like to sell a 5 string pack which has a high and low 4th string. The reentrant string can also be used as an A string. Shipping of a couple of sets is $0.65

thanks everyone for the advise. I emailed him and his prieces are to high for me but hopefully one day

thanks everyone for the advise. I emailed him and his prieces are to high for me but hopefully one day

Hopefully you will be able to get one in the near future. Got a G String 2012 Sun Concert in January from NC Ukulele Academy www.alohau.com It's a wonderful uke with great playability and sound. The upgraded curly koa is really beautiful and Sun abalone inlay quite stunning. Like the abalone fish hook design on the headstock as well. Derek has been building ukes since 1993 so he has 20 years of experience. He's a craftsman and an artist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom