Blue Frog Soprano

Lily Frog

Reaction score
SOLDThis is a very handmade Blue Frog soprano ukulele made by Vic Jones. It has solid, figured rosewood back and sides, Spanish cedar neck with purple heart stripe, purple heart binding, purple heart fretboard and rosewood bridge, bone saddle and nut. It has white side markers and mother of pearl dots. The top and back are radiused.

You'll need to provide your own case and humidifier.

This uke sounds great; plenty of volume with a sweet tone. It sounds much like the rosewood Blue Frog soprano that sold on UU recently seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL6_ufKu6ME

This uke comes from a smoke filled home, which will change in the near future!. If you're allergic to smoke or very sensitive to the smell then this uke may not be for you.

Vic builds his instruments to last and He'll fix any problem that comes up if it' related to his work, if it's dropped, allowed to dry out, left outside in the weather or sat on (you get the idea), that doesn't count, but he'll do any repairs for a reasonable fee.

Asking $320.00 - includes shipping - Paypal preferred.

Thanks for looking.
--Mrs. Lily Frog ;)

rose1ad.jpgrose1a.JPGrose1ab.jpgrose1ac.jpg

Last edited:
A question has been asked regarding the smoke smell, whether or not it will go away in time. I think it depends on your sense of smell. We've only had one complaint but that's why Vic puts the disclaimer in the description. I'm sure the smell would go away in time. How many "vintage" ukuleles spent time around smokers? I'm sure many of those ukes saw some smokey parties in their day. The smoke smell that it may have does reflect the price of the ukulele, which is one of the reasons Vic is trying to put the cigs away. When the smoke issue is gone, his prices will increase, substantially.

His ukuleles are carefully made with time consuming features that you won't find on many ukuleles such as striped necks and radiused top and back for strength and durability, and attention to structural details which insure better than average volume and tone. A local ukulele performer stopped by and compared this ukulele to a $300.00 factory uke that he had just purchased and he said, "This ukulele makes mine sound like a little toy." That is the usual feedback we get.

The uke will be freshly polished with an air freshener stuffed in the sound box when it arrives. But again, if you are very sensitive to smoke smell you might want to pass on this one.

Expect to see more work from Vic in the near future with beautiful inlaid bling.

Thanks for your consideration,
Lily

A question has been asked regarding the smoke smell, whether or not it will go away in time. I think it depends on your sense of smell. We've only had one complaint but that's why Vic puts the disclaimer in the description. I'm sure the smell would go away in time. How many "vintage" ukuleles spent time around smokers? I'm sure many of those ukes saw some smokey parties in their day. The smoke smell that it may have does reflect the price of the ukulele, which is one of the reasons Vic is trying to put the cigs away. When the smoke issue is gone, his prices will increase, substantially.

His ukuleles are carefully made with time consuming features that you won't find on many ukuleles such as striped necks and radiused top and back for strength and durability, and attention to structural details which insure better than average volume and tone. A local ukulele performer stopped by and compared this ukulele to a $300.00 factory uke that he had just purchased and he said, "This ukulele makes mine sound like a little toy." That is the usual feedback we get.

The uke will be freshly polished with an air freshener stuffed in the sound box when it arrives. But again, if you are very sensitive to smoke smell you might want to pass on this one.

Expect to see more work from Vic in the near future with beautiful inlaid bling.

Thanks for your consideration,
Lily

My grandpa used to take me around to all of his favorite bars when I was a very young boy. Since that time, the smell of cigarette smoke has always been a very pleasant smell for me. I did stop smoking about 20 years ago but I still like the aroma. Sorry for hijacking the thread folks but I couldn't resist.

hi Lily

what is the nut width of the ukulele please? It's a lovely looking uke. Also, is there a URL link/website/blog where we can look at more of Vic's work? I remember there was a stunning little soprano for sale here 18months or so ago that I didn't act quickly enough on that I've always kinda regretted. thanks!

I love the deeper body...it must give this uke some depth and punch....oh boy....it's a sweet uke and love the woods and finish...I bet it sounds great... in fact I know it does...

should onabhow

hi Lily

what is the nut width of the ukulele please? It's a lovely looking uke. Also, is there a URL link/website/blog where we can look at more of Vic's work? I remember there was a stunning little soprano for sale here 18months or so ago that I didn't act quickly enough on that I've always kinda regretted. thanks!

Thanks Eugene! The nut width is about 1.42". That's about the same width as a Fluke, not as wide as some, not as narrow as others. The neck shape is somewhere between a Martin shape and the "eliptical C" shapes you see on electric guitars with thin, fast necks.

Hi Lily,Harley, & Tim,
I was wondering what the top is made of ?
Also since a deeper body has been mentioned, what is the depth of this uke ?
Thanks
This is a very handmade Blue Frog soprano ukulele made by Vic Jones. It has solid, figured rosewood back and sides, Spanish cedar neck with purple heart stripe, purple heart binding, purple heart fretboard and rosewood bridge, bone saddle and nut. It has white side markers and mother of pearl dots. The top and back are radiused.

You'll need to provide your own case and humidifier.

This uke sounds great; plenty of volume with a sweet tone. It sounds much like the rosewood Blue Frog soprano that sold on UU recently seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL6_ufKu6ME

This uke comes from a smoke filled home, which will change in the near future!. If you're allergic to smoke or very sensitive to the smell then this uke may not be for you.

Vic builds his instruments to last and He'll fix any problem that comes up if it' related to his work, if it's dropped, allowed to dry out, left outside in the weather or sat on (you get the idea), that doesn't count, but he'll do any repairs for a reasonable fee.

Asking $320.00 - includes shipping - Paypal preferred.

Thanks for looking.
--Mrs. Lily Frog ;)

View attachment 50290View attachment 50291View attachment 50292View attachment 50293

Eugene, Vic is working on Website, will post it tomorrow sometime. Thank You.

that's awesome news Lily, thanks for the reply. I'll really look forward to it.

SofL, looks like bearclaw sitka spruce but I could be wrong...

You're probably right , Eugene Ukulele. I have Blue Frog #15 and it has a spruce top, but my grain pattern is not as pronounced.
that's awesome news Lily, thanks for the reply. I'll really look forward to it.

SofL, looks like bearclaw sitka spruce but I could be wrong...

Last edited:
Just a note: I have Blue Frog #9. When I first received it, it smelled strongly of smoke; in fact, I believe it was because I brought up this smell (not complaining, just contributing to a thread on smoke-saturated ukes) that Vic started mentioning in his ads that he was a smoker. The smell gradually faded over the course of about a year. It's now entirely gone. You can also try to get rid of it by pouring rice into the uke and swishing it around for a bit.

I'm very pleased with my Blue Frog, which is gorgeous and sounds wonderful. This one seems just as pretty as mine in a different way (mine has a startlingly patterned ambrosia-maple body). Do stop hesitating, potential buyers.

Just a note: I have Blue Frog #9. When I first received it, it smelled strongly of smoke; in fact, I believe it was because I brought up this smell (not complaining, just contributing to a thread on smoke-saturated ukes) that Vic started mentioning in his ads that he was a smoker. The smell gradually faded over the course of about a year. It's now entirely gone. You can also try to get rid of it by pouring rice into the uke and swishing it around for a bit.

I'm very pleased with my Blue Frog, which is gorgeous and sounds wonderful. This one seems just as pretty as mine in a different way (mine has a startlingly patterned ambrosia-maple body). Do stop hesitating, potential buyers.

Hey Kem! Glad to hear that little blue frog hasn't exploded again! lol... Thanks for the kind words. Smoke free now... but the next few ukes going out will have the lingering effects of the old nasty habit.

You're probably right , Eugene Ukulele. I have Blue Frog #15 and it has a spruce top, but my grain pattern is not as pronounced.

This one is sitka with a flame figure. It's super nice and it's going on three more ukes, one of them being a custom heavily inlaid concert Vic is about to finish up. Yours might be engelmann spruce, he's used it on some tops.

Last edited:
Hey Kem! Glad to hear that little blue frog hasn't exploded again! lol... Thanks for the kind words. Smoke free now... but the next few ukes going out will have the lingering effects of the old nasty habit.

For the moment, it's holding together nicely. It really was quite startling when it exploded.

Thank you for posting your so cool website...love the looks of your ukes and website...I am sure they will sell like hotcakes and thank you for keeping it affordable for all of us....
Happy Strummings..... Geez it sold pretty quickly, I knew it wouldn't last that long:)

Top Bottom