Aquila red sets on ebay!!

Bao

Reaction score
As I said on the title, the aquila red sets are finally on ebay! they are selling for 6 australian dollars and 6 dollars shipping from a store in California!

Can't wait to try out the set! I hope they will be better than my current strings; fremonts tenors.

You can order a set from HMS. They are not listed on the website but you can give them a call and they will ship them to you.

How can you tell the difference between the old red sets and the new ones?

dt

How can you tell the difference between the old red sets and the new ones?

dt

The old ones weren't sets - it was just a single string (for low G, I believe - to replace wound).

These are new sets of 4 strings that Mimmo has just started to market recently.

Oh, good. So any red sets are the new ones then. That's cool. There are several sellers on ebay now - at reasonable prices, especially for multiple sets.

Oh, good. So any red sets are the new ones then. That's cool. There are several sellers on ebay now - at reasonable prices, especially for multiple sets.

There are lots of sellers with the single strings though so be careful as their listings are a bit confusing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquila-Sopr...418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1f431042 <- That's a single string.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Aqui...206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417186686e <- this is a full soprano set

Note that Mimmo has told us that the baritone still has wound strings. With these strings the tonal difference prevents him from doing non-wound for 3rd & 4th. If the seller has a wound 4th listed for tenor it is NOT the ALL red series. I have the High and Low G sets and they are all red, no wound.

Maybe my search is incomplete but I'm not seeing any multiples for the all reds, just for the unwound 4th strings that have been out for a while.

edit: oops, I'm wrong. I swear that seller just had a single pack of soprano a minute ago. Now they have listings for "3 packs" of each size - soprano, concert, tenor High G, tenor Low G. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom