vintage baritone

eor

Reaction score
hey folks

just back from a much needed vacation out west skiing whistler- blackcomb( yes i am bragging) and dragged a nice old vintage , no label, japan stamped on the headstock, laminate bari by plane all the way back east in its cardboard case.

got it for $75 with case . later in the day, i found in the case an invioce that was dated 2010 and said "no name? will call..
and stated that machine heads had been installed ,the nut reglued,a loose brace fixed, the bridge reinforced , string installed and a set up done. grand total,....$75

she is a bit banged up but still not bad.

after sitting in the window of that guitar shop for years the strings were shot but the tone was still quite good all things considered.

I was suprised how thin the top was, I can easily deflect the top with one finger, some thing i wouldnt have expected in an old laminate bari.

when i got back home last night i took off the geared tuners and put friction tuners on it and will string it with either martin fleuro bari string or aquila new nylgut bari strings , that i bought at the same time

I would suspect its from the 1960's but dont know for sure.

a couple pics

eor

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I'm sure Mr. Tone will be a welcome house guest.

Top Bottom