Ukulele Straps ?

I use a Uke Crazy strap, but it requires installing a strap button at the bottom of the lower bout of the ukulele (unless you have a plug for electronics there). I had my strap buttons installed by profesioonal luthiers.

I have a mandolin strap for my tenor (had to punch more holes in it) and a uke thong that I don't really use any more. Now that I'm a more aggressive player I've been known to knock it right off the soundhole!

My honey and I have straps on all but our CBU. Mostly mando straps, but a couple of guitar straps for the bigger/heavier ukes. A Souldier strap was my latest strap acquisition. :D

I struggled to get comfortable with my first uke and finally bought a Uke Leash, which made a world of difference for me. When I got a new uke with a strap button, I bought an adapter to convert the Uke Leash half strap to a full strap that I still use quite often.

I got one on eBay from the Essex music store, its awesome highly recommend, its white with black musical notes on. It's for ukes with buttons to attach the strap to. Handmade. :)

Wo, that's cool! Holy crap 5,090 results! We must have talked about this before,lol. Well, all I know is if you want to play like this girl you gotta use a souldier strap. Handmade by some really cool kids in Chicago. Oh, the checker one seems to work best for looping-

Wow. Can it get any more beautiful than that?

I've got a couple of uke leashes, and I like the banjo style headpiece on my Kanilea concert. My new uke, KoAloha slimline concert doesn't need a strap because it's so light & easy to hold.
I recommend the uke leash though.

I picked several of these up on a trip to Mexico before I got into ukuleles. They are cotton woven belts, soft, colorful and I think really happy and fun, just like your uke. I tie a round shoe lace to one end to tie around the headstock between the tuners, the other end I tie a piece of leather in which I have cut a hole and a slice to go over the button of the MiSi pickup, or any other button you have. You can adjust the length to what you want by just folding a section and sewing it together. if you have a friend headed to Mexico have him pick up a few, they only cost a buck or two and you see them everywhere. If you get more than you need send them to me. I want some more, I love them.IMG_0686.jpg

That is a great idea for a strap, Brian! Never seen that done before -- I actually have a couple of those belts I bought in Boulder, CO during college...which, for me, was a long time ago. ;-) I will have to dig those belts out and put them back into service once again! :)

I picked several of these up on a trip to Mexico before I got into ukuleles. They are cotton woven belts, soft, colorful and I think really happy and fun, just like your uke. I tie a round shoe lace to one end to tie around the headstock between the tuners, the other end I tie a piece of leather in which I have cut a hole and a slice to go over the button of the MiSi pickup, or any other button you have. You can adjust the length to what you want by just folding a section and sewing it together. if you have a friend headed to Mexico have him pick up a few, they only cost a buck or two and you see them everywhere. If you get more than you need send them to me. I want some more, I love them.View attachment 50357

http://www.thebaileystrap.com/
I have a half dozen guitar straps i have used , a uke lease , another similar to the leash, forget the name.
The bailey mandolin sstrap is the classiest of the bunch and all I use anymore , very nice gentleman to work with too.

Top Bottom