God Is God by Steve Earle - ukulele

CountryMouse

Reaction score
I did this for the 56th Season of the Ukulele: FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters. This is "God Is God" by Steve Earle. I learned it from Joan Baez's album, "Day After Tomorrow", which was produced by Steve Earle. He wrote this song for Joan Baez. Hope you like!

CountryMouse

Absolutely lovely, CountryMouse! I love how you did your harmonies, too! Btw, I have been meaning to drop a line to you to let you know how much I love your "By My Side" song on the UU Song Still Remains album -- your song is just wonderfully uplifting and I love it very much!

Absolutely lovely, CountryMouse! I love how you did your harmonies, too! Btw, I have been meaning to drop a line to you to let you know how much I love your "By My Side" song on the UU Song Still Remains album -- your song is just wonderfully uplifting and I love it very much!

Thank you very much re: "God Is God"! And especially about "You'll Always Be By My Side" (which is its full title)! I always felt that my song sounded so amateur-ish compared to everyone else's songs on there! I wish I had known about reverb and such back then! But I guess it's about the lyrics and the feel of the song. So thank you. :)

CountryMouse

I did this for the 56th Season of the Ukulele: FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters. This is "God Is God" by Steve Earle. I learned it from Joan Baez's album, "Day After Tomorrow", which was produced by Steve Earle. He wrote this song for Joan Baez. Hope you like!

CountryMouse

Just such a lovely cover CM.

CountryMouse

Well done Mousey really enjoyed that sounded great.

CM, super job, that was tastefully done.

Thank you and thanks for sharing

Great job....as usual! Any chance of getting the lyrics or chords?

Thanks for all your videos!

paul

Thanks very much! I just googled for the lyrics, which checked out to be the exact same as on the Joan Baez CD. As to the chords, it's just C G Am and F. Oh, and a Dm in the little bridge too.

CountryMouse

Top Bottom