Used Moore Bettah Tenor Koa Gecko at Acoustic Music Works!

NewKid

Reaction score
Just arrived!! (UESD) Just lovely, our first opportunity to get hands-on and ears-on a Chuck Moore's "Moore Bettah" ukes. And what a uke it is! Chuck's ukuleles are built of solid Big Island Hawaiian quarter sawn koa with bookmatched tops, backs and sides. Honduran mahogany or Spanish Cedar is generally used for necks and are carbon fiber reinforced for unsurpassed stability. Inlays are composed of a variety of materials including several kinds of solid pearl shell (not laminates), composite stone, hardwood and ivories. The lacquer he uses is an instrument grade nitro-cellulose instrument lacquer and is traditionally the finest and most durable finish you can have on a stringed instrument. The high gloss finish averages six to seven coats, all grain pores will be filled for an absolutely flat and mirror like wet finish for a classic look that is unsurpassed. This instrument boasts figured koa, wood purflings on body, headstock, and rosette, cocobolo binding, geared Peghead tuners and the cool gecko inlay. This beautiful and sweet sounding instrument was traded here on a custom guitar. The uke is priced as "used' but is in mint condition with original hard shell case. Mister Moore's backlog is lengthy, we can see why, and he is not taking orders at this time. Oh so nice!!

$2650

There's an error in the link. Try this:

http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/bettah1131.html

Mighty sweet piece at a remarkable price. Thats gonna go fast...

bettah1131y.JPG

Not that we can afford it, but since we were going to be in that part of pittsburgh tomorrow anyway we're going to stop by and see it up close.

I'm not a dealer. Just another Moore Bettah fan giving UU members a heads up.

Don

Dang, 10pm back East... How many ahead of me?

Dang, 10pm back East... How many ahead of me?

Well, it's not in our budget range, but NO ONE CAN TAKE IT OUT OF THE STORE until we get to ogle it!!!

I'm making Acoustic Music our first stop on our errands outing tomorrow. :D

I did that before as I was leaving a VM... If I miss another MB, I'm not sure what I will do...

Okay... if you score this beauty... at least let them show it to us before they box it up?? :D

Pretty please?

Well, I missed it. but I might get to see it. Someone near me in San Francisco bought it. You better watch yourself, person! ;)

Top Bottom