The new uke store in Haleiwa

bluesuke

Reaction score
Terry and I stopped by The Uke store in Haleiwa this afternoon what a fantastic store. We had a chance to meet and talk with Aaron. He is very knowledgeable and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. If your ever on Oahu put the store on your list of one of your must see's.

Hey Perry do you mean The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) ?

Thanks so much Perry! I was just talking to Aaron about this and getting super excited to show your beautiful ukes in the future. We are fans and honored to have you come by. Hope this begins a long and fun relationship with Covered Bridge and the excellent instruments you make. Enjoy you stay in HI. Aloha!
Btw, I think it's time you guys went full time on the uke building :D

Aloha Perry,
Glad you made it to Oahu and haleiwa.....did you go also the all the K brand factory tours...and cruising through waikiki ....of course the drive around the island for sure...
Yes Hawaii Music Supply with Mike Andrew and all the employees are the most fun uke things to do here...have fun on your vacation here....

Wow Andrew you been busy..all these new ukes at the shop..you must of been busy at NAAM huh?always heard of Covered Bridge Ukes.but never saw one..looking forward to it..i gots to get Stan to HMS when all the new ukes come in

Aloha Perry,
Glad you made it to Oahu and haleiwa.....did you go also the all the K brand factory tours...and cruising through waikiki ....of course the drive around the island for sure...
Yes Hawaii Music Supply with Mike Andrew and all the employees are the most fun uke things to do here...have fun on your vacation here....

Hi
Stan

Terry and I and our wives are staying on Waikiki. We visited Kamaka and Kanile'a . Fred gave a great tour ,there is a lot of history there. We showed up 2 hours late at Kanile'a and Joe was gracious enough to give Terry and I a short private tour

Yep, the Ukulele Site aka HMS is da bomb.
They (Mike and Andrew) are handling a special order for me. I KNEW they would hence I went there.
Mahalo Bigtime....................Bo.............

Hi
Stan

Terry and I and our wives are staying on Waikiki. We visited Kamaka and Kanile'a . Fred gave a great tour ,there is a lot of history there. We showed up 2 hours late at Kanile'a and Joe was gracious enough to give Terry and I a short private tour
Aloha Perry,
Since Terry, you and your Wives are in waikiki, go in front of the international market place at night and see Troy fernandez playing on the street with his uke, and Kanikapila Grill (catch a cab)
and to the hilton to watch Olomana play....best buffets, catch a cab to hawaii prince hotel , prince court restaurant for the brunch or dinner buffet.....also take a cab to Ala Moana center
and do some shopping and to Tsukiji Restaurant for their lunch and dinner buffets...one last stop....leonards bakery for the tasty malasadas...just outside waikiki.....have fun and enjoy

Hi
We showed up 2 hours late at Kanile'a and Joe was gracious enough to give Terry and I a short private tour

The benefits of being uke royalty, Perry. You guys make incredible instruments, so you are part of the "in" crowd.

If it was me and my wife, we would have been staring at a locked door. Lol

Stan, where is Swim Bar that Taimane plays at? I know Waikiki fairly well, but don't know that bar. Thanks.

Aloha Perry,
Since Terry, you and your Wives are in waikiki, go in front of the international market place at night and see Troy fernandez playing on the street with his uke, and Kanikapila Grill (catch a cab)
and to the hilton to watch Olomana play....best buffets, catch a cab to hawaii prince hotel , prince court restaurant for the brunch or dinner buffet.....also take a cab to Ala Moana center
and do some shopping and to Tsukiji Restaurant for their lunch and dinner buffets...one last stop....leonards bakery for the tasty malasadas...just outside waikiki.....have fun and enjoy

Stan

Troy was on my must see list he is such a great player. We caught up with him Monday night . It's been a great trip we are off to the airport this morning and back to Oregon . Terry pick out some great wood last week on Kauai we can't wait to get home and get something started

The benefits of being uke royalty, Perry. You guys make incredible instruments, so you are part of the "in" crowd.

If it was me and my wife, we would have been staring at a locked door. Lol

Stan, where is Swim Bar that Taimane plays at? I know Waikiki fairly well, but don't know that bar. Thanks.
Aloha Steve,
The "Swim Bar" is the newest bar in the Hyatt Waikiki Hotel right across waikiki beach...it's on the the second or third floor where Ciao mein used to be....
http://www.tasteofaloha.com/blog/news/sampling-swim-the-new-pool-bar-at-the-hyatt-regency-waikiki/

Last edited:
Taimane is about to go on at Honolulu night market. Free show. Awesome food. All the food wagons. Like the fried spam musubi. Who knew, it just needed to be a little less healthy. But tons of options and music. Kakaako , not far, taimane is on is in maybe half hour

Taimane is about to go on at Honolulu night market. Free show. Awesome food. All the food wagons. Like the fried spam musubi. Who knew, it just needed to be a little less healthy. But tons of options and music. Kakaako , not far, taimane is on is in maybe half hour
You're tearing my heart out, A.

Maybe Taimane would do one of those depth of field HMS vids for a couple songs. She's going to be on Hi*sessions youtube channel soon, the story goes.

You really turned me on to her music when you posted about her latest CD a few months ago.

Incredible to read about these places guys; feels like I'm there. A Hawaiian vacation is pretty much an utopia, but when we win big time in the lottery (one day Gadget! One day!), that's where we'll be burning it! Loved the pics on Facebook as well guys.

Don't forget Zippys. No matter what time the plane lands, that's the first place we stop garans ball barans!!

Top Bottom