Where to buy vintage ukuleles.

electrauke

Reaction score
I see lots of people on the forum that buy vintage ukuleles for good prices. I just want to know where to get them, what is a good brick and mortar store type to find them?

Thanks, Cheers

Elderly Instruments in East Lansing Michigan is good. I bought my first vintage Martin from them, albeit over the phone (since I'm a couple of thousand miles from them). The person I worked with spent about a half an hour with me. He played three different Martins into the phone for me and gave me his thoughts on each. I was very pleased when I received the one he had recommended.
I've never worked with them, but Gryphon Strings in the Bay Area has some nice vintage ukes, and I've heard good things about them.
The only shop I've actually visited in person which carries vintage ukuleles is The Denver Folklore Center. They usually have a couple of old ukes, and are really nice folks. They have a FANTASTIC repair guy.
I don't know where you're located, but I would highly recommend Elderly even if you can't physically go there. They have a good website with all sorts if treasures!

I've purchased from Elderly, Gryphon, and Sylvan Music. All over the phone. All good experiences.

McCabes in Santa Monica is good also for vintage. I bought my Martin Baritone from the vintage appraiser who works thru there. She specializes in Martins.

I have purchased from Bernunzios, Intermountain Banjo, and Gruhn Guitar also with good experiences.

I see lots of people on the forum that buy vintage ukuleles for good prices. I just want to know where to get them, what is a good brick and mortar store type to find them?

Thanks, Cheers

Hi,

They are in Bangkok, Thailand. You can reach them online www.baanukulele.com. They have vintage ukes.

Cheers :)

Top Bottom