National Acquisition Day!

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Today was long and incredible. The whole setup/shipping crew started work at 3AM to get more caught up. We cracked up, ukes got suped up, and we woke up with Wailua peaberry. It was fun.

So then a friend came by the workshop and I just had to get...about 20 Kamoa's.. rep demo's that we can sell at...about half street price maybe, a little time on the bench and they'll be sweet! nice fiberglass cases too...

Then Aaron contacts a few custom builders including Tom Rodriguez, a classical builder that will be making a uke for the store! Aaron calls later to tell me about Perry and Terry stopping by from Covered Bridge. Nice! Right after that I get an email from Dieter, founder of K&K who has a vacation rental at Pipeline right now. So we make plans to meet up tomorrow and discuss the design of their new ukulele pickup.

Good day, but not exactly epic. I haven't acquired a uke for quite a while (feels like years) And...I have been just loving that gorgeous sunburst flame maple National. Ever since I touched it at NAMM... I realized how sick I would be if it sold. Love this uke. So it came home with me.....where my wife had just cooked tacos!! Whaaaat!! ok, it's all downhill from here. C'mon someone tell me that I screwed up their order or didn't return their call. I need to come down, I feel like I'm in a freakin' Zoloft commercial.

better turn off and play my uke before someone actually does that

Aloha Andrew I want to be you..sounds like you had a fun day..The Ukulele Site is on fire brah!there is nothing wrong with an honest hard day at work..

but make sure you sleep sometimes!

Good work to all involved. Thanks for feeding our habit and sorry for expecting 5 star service with Amazon prices! We all love HMS!

Sounds Lile a hell of a good day Andrew...anytime you can get away doing paper and office work and meeting cool people is a winner day...by the way I love Taco's...

Okay, that DOES sound like an awesome day. I'm hoping to get some work done in my shop today myself. I'm making a dedicated "clean room" for doing assembly and setup work for ukes and guitars, which has been greatly needed for awhile. When I've accomplished some of the work, I'll then get started joining some curly acacia ukulele back and tops. So much to do, so little time!

Darn it! From the thread title, I thought you meant it like "National Day of Acquisition". I was excited about getting a new uke...
It sounds like it was a cool day nonetheless!

Congratulations Andrew, it's a beautiful one! I've been looking at it several times a week since you got it, but knew it would be gone before I saved enough. Glad it went to you, and glad to know that you aren't immune to the call of UAS.

Same here!

Me too. I've started a hawaii vacation fund, but I am afraid I'm going to raid it buy another uke.

Sounds like a great day Andrew. I love the service from HMS. And I definitely need a yellow Kamoa case when you get them in.

What a wonderful day! If I ever get to Hawaii, your shop is top on my list!!!!!

For us to - top of the list. Now my fund can go back to being the "trip to Hawaii fund" rather than the "gotta get that National" fund.

Seriously - Congrats Andrew. I knew you wanted it and I'm glad you acquired a uke that you have that much passion for.

....but be careful what you ask for. ;)

Oh, and when I read the thread title my first thought was ... oooh cool. I get to plan for a new uke on the 16th of March every year (from HMS, of course)? lol

Last edited:
In honor of Andrew's acquisition of the resonator (not that I have any power to do so) I declare March 15 "National (ukulele) Acquisition Day". Now we all need to go buy a uke to make up for missing that yesterday. :D

In honor of Andrew's acquisition of the resonator (not that I have any power to do so) I declare March 15 "National (ukulele) Acquisition Day". Now we all need to go buy a uke to make up for missing that yesterday. :D

Ahh, don't tempt me. UAS is hitting me hard because of a uke that got away. I was actually going to make a "talk me down from my UAS" post.

With all that going on, he took the time to hand pick for me my very first KoAloha. I never had any idea how busy you were Andrew, as you patiently helped me through the long email exchange it took for me to be sure of my purchase. I was already impressed with the service, but hearing all that was going on yesterday, I am blown away. HMS is truly first class all the way. Thank you!

Since it already past, it should be for a future date but not just a day but a whole week! Andrew is good in marketing so he can start facebooking, etc.

With all that going on, he took the time to hand pick for me my very first KoAloha. I never had any idea how busy you were Andrew, as you patiently helped me through the long email exchange it took for me to be sure of my purchase. I was already impressed with the service, but hearing all that was going on yesterday, I am blown away. HMS is truly first class all the way. Thank you!

I see it first hand all the time it starts with Andrew and Mike,then Aaron who is one of the nicest people you can find,i met Eli really nice and helpful..you want to be like them when you meet nice people who love music and the ukulele..

then i hear that Andrew's dad who i have not met is the nicest of them all

Mahalo to all of you

Last edited:
Top Bottom