Ukulele Player Magazine

Pippin

Reaction score
Greetings All:

My name is "Pippin" (Mickey Maguire). I am the publisher of Ukulele Player. It is a free magazine in PDF format available here:

http://www.tricornpublications.com/uke_player.htm

The first issue was released officially about three weeks ago and received warmly. I am working on the second issue right now. It will be released about the first week in January.

The magazine is supported by advertising so that it can be a free download, but, in PDF format, there are no spammers, no popups, no exploits, just a magazine dedicated to the ukulele and ukulele players. There are reviews of the instruments, articles with interviews of ukulele celebrities, up and coming performers, and more.

I plan to visit all of the forums and contribute when I can, but, I have been told that UU is a great forum and I should join it. So, here I am. Though I am busy, I will try to pop in here and be helpful, friendly, and enjoy the people here.

IF you have a club or ukulele event, you can submit that info to the magazine on the same page as the one above (which serves as a download page for the issues).

Mickey Maguire (Pippin)

Thanks again, Mickey!

I distributed several printed copies from the PDF locally, when I discovered the electronic rag on the Cosmos. Mickey's one of the founding members of COUP, an Ohio area kanikapila. I HIGHLY recommend reading this professionally written (Mickey's a publisher by trade) magazine (Aldrine and Rayab, You'll LOVE IT! Note to Aldrine and Rayan - contact Mickey for an interview) To the Underground members, Mickey's been playing the ukulele since the mid 60's (around the time when I first started playing the guitar) and you can hear Mickey's original material at:

http://www.myspace.com/mickeymaguirebluewaters

Don't let Mickey's humbleness fool y'all, homeboy can play! Ric

Last edited:
Great magazine, I can't wait to see the next issue! Thanks for publishing it. I really am glad to see a magazine (even a .pdf online one) dedicated to the ukulele.

Thanks again, Mickey!

I distributed several printed copies from the PDF locally, when I discovered the electronic rag on the Cosmos. Mickey's one of the founding members of COUP, an Ohio area kanikapila. I HIGHLY recommend reading this professionally written (Mickey's a publisher by trade) magazine (Aldrine and Rayab, You'll LOVE IT! Note to Aldrine and Rayan - contact Mickey for an interview) To the Underground members, Mickey's been playing the ukulele since the mid 60's (around the time when I first started playing the guitar) and you can hear Mickey's original material at:

http://www.myspace.com/mickeymaguirebluewaters

Don't let Mickey's humbleness fool y'all, homeboy can play! Ric

Thanks for the plug RicDoug

One thing though, I am not a founding member of COUP. I was there pretty early, but that honor goes to JukeJeff, DaveInClintonville, Kristi, and Jodi.

Thanks for the praise on the magazine. I am glad that you enjoyed it and have shared it with others.

The PDF file is high-res enough that it prints well and that was my intent. I have heard that several people in the USA and the UK have printed it and passed it around.

Thanks, also, to everyone for downloading the magazine. We are working with some people inside the ukulele manufacturing world to bring you interesting news and reviews.

Mickey

DOPENESSS so there is a new issue monthly or weekly...im soo reading this....you should send me updates...anthonyjoseph91@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. I am working on the upcoming issue again today (Thursday Dec. 18). Things are coming along nicely. Later today I am reviewing a vintage Martin "0" ukulele. What an amazing voice that instrument has!

@Pippin: I was actually thinking of getting a Martin. Looking forward to your review -- Please send me updates!!!!

Issue 2 coming shortly

I am working on the last few articles and the magazine layout is just about completed. The next issue should be available the first week in January.

We hope to usher in the New Year with some great reviews, interesting interviews, and a growing list of ukulele clubs and online resources.

We are also planning a couple or really cool surprises.

Top Bottom