Kala KA-GAC...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
I'm seeing some awesome clearance prices on the Kala solid Acacia top, concert uke. Does any one know if this is because it's a discontinued model or if there are some issues with the uke? Retail is something like $340, I've seen prices of $159-$169.

I think they are discontinued.

I received mine from HMS two weeks ago, it's very nice.

Just discontinued! Nothing wrong with them. So they discounted them quite heavily. The same thing happened for the All Solid Spruce Lacewoods. Both ukes are great ukes, just moving onto other models.

Just discontinued! Nothing wrong with them. So they discounted them quite heavily. The same thing happened for the All Solid Spruce Lacewoods. Both ukes are great ukes, just moving onto other models.

Awe man, and I REALLY wanted one of the solid spruce/lacewood sopranos. I was going to save up for one after I save the money for my Brad Donaldson uke. :( Oh well, there's always the used market when folks get tired of them, I suppose.

Dan

Oh, the Brad is a definite, though he's going to be building me a concert. I have my 1920's Birch soprano and my ~1950's solid mahogany Harmony soprano, so I guess I should be happy enough with those two. That lacewood/spruce combo is just beautiful, and the sound samples I've heard really made me want one. UAS at it's best (worst) I guess :)

Dan

Yup, that's exactly it. Dang, and so cheap too. I just purchased a Harmony soprano over the weekend, so my spending money is gone :(

Good things come to those who wait though, right?

Dan

Yup, that's exactly it. Dang, and so cheap too. I just purchased a Harmony soprano over the weekend, so my spending money is gone :(

Good things come to those who wait though, right?

Dan
Yes. The right uke will turn up at the right price when it is meant to be. I kinda wished I hadn't gone looking for it. I want one too now, but I have no excuse for buying another uke!

Yes it's just being discontinued. Kala's Paduak model is also going away. Hey but they are bringing a cedar topped acacia model in and a new pocket uke.

oooh, cedar-topped acacia! My cedar-topped (laminated) koa Kala is one of the best sounding lower-priced ukes I've played. I bet these will be nice...

I dig the look of the wood grain -- simply beautiful!

Well, I ordered a KA-GAC yesterday, can't wait to get it!

Last edited:
got my solid top acacia today...NUD!!!
IMG_20130326_123135_604.jpg

the family...
IMG_20130326_132224_999.jpg
the middle one is for sale, Kala KA-CEM, concert exotic mahogany...$100.

Last edited:
Top Bottom