WTB: Favilla Teardrop ukulele

gaspar

Reaction score
I´m looking for Vintage Favilla Teardrop Ukuleles. If you have one and you want to sell please contact me Thanks!

Examples:

15101-1930s-favilla-teardrop-ukulele-soprano-vintage-antique_261034504067.jpg

32328-258816309806807196_zKkN30Fx_c.jpg

75881-images.jpg

74749-IMG_2493.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-FAVILLA-WOOD-UKELELE-/121082891539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c311a4d13

Here's one on ebay. It's a natural wood and very nice - although I see a bit of what looks like water damage. I have a blue one myself and it is my favorite for acoustic performance. The sound is outstanding - sweet, good tone, and good volume. I think the price on this natural wood is a bit high - especially considering the condition - but there is an option to "make an offer". It couldn't hurt to throw a number at him. You might get lucky.

I would really love to have a black one. They are a bit of a rare bird. I have only seen one for sale once.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-FAVILLA-WOOD-UKELELE-/121082891539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c311a4d13

Here's one on ebay. It's a natural wood and very nice - although I see a bit of what looks like water damage. I have a blue one myself and it is my favorite for acoustic performance. The sound is outstanding - sweet, good tone, and good volume. I think the price on this natural wood is a bit high - especially considering the condition - but there is an option to "make an offer". It couldn't hurt to throw a number at him. You might get lucky.

That teardrop is pretty cool, and that is a mahogany model, which is much rarer than the birch. Tom Favilla told me that compared to the birch, very few mahogany ukuleles were made. My teardrop is the mahogany one in Gaspar's original post......and I love it. If you could get that eBay one for a little less I think it would be a good deal. These just don't come up all that often. I bet you could dye the wood to match where there is water discoloring.

Good luck Gaspar!

Cool, I hope it all works out.....let us know!

PM me if you want to talk offline about what I paid for mine if that would be helpful.

Ryan, if that is your mahogany teardrop, it is drop-dead gorgeous. You hit the jackpot. Most of the teardrops have some condition issues just because of the age of the instrument. My blue one sounds wonderful, but the paint on the headstock is in awful shape. Of course, that is probably why I paid a decent price for it. I would say that if you find a teardrop in showroom condition you are going to shell out some pretty serious cash for it.

I have to say that I am drooling over the black one that Gaspar included in his pics. :drool: :iwant:

Last edited:
Ryan, if that is your mahogany teardrop, it is drop-dead gorgeous. You hit the jackpot. Most of the teardrops have some condition issues just because of the age of the instrument. My blue one sounds wonderful, but the paint on the headstock is in awful shape. Of course, that is probably why I paid a decent price for it. I would say that if you find a teardrop in showroom condition you are going to shell out some pretty serious cash for it.:drool: :iwant:

That is really kind of you to say. Not to hijack this thread....but I think this is a much better picture of my teardrop. I hope Gaspar ended up with the teardrop from eBay, the mahogany ones hardly ever pop up. I bet one could do away with that water discoloring and if not no big deal as it is on the back of the ukulele.

IMG_2500.jpg

Last edited:
I missed the teardrop on ebay. I made an offer but no luck.
I bought a really rare Favilla u-4 instead :)

pic:
$T2eC16N,!%29QE9s3HD%29RqBRN5DuKGB!~~60_12.JPG

Im still looking for a teardrop. Thanks everyone for your help!

Gaspar, please post a video for us using that "Dreadnought". I would really like to hear what it sounds like. It's a beautiful instrument, and the increased size on the body and soundboard should give it a really wonderful sound. I'm glad you got it, but I definitely had the UAS for that uke.

Top Bottom