PDA

View Full Version : Jay's *UKEJAM BY THE BAY* Saturday, March 23rd (San Francisco, CA)

blue_knight_usa
03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Aloha Everyone, here are the details for my 1st "UKEJAM BY THE BAY" get together for UU members to meet, greet, and jam. If anyone wants to lead a song, please PM me and I will fit you in. We have 30 songs picked out to have enough for the day, which with the agenda we may or may not get through them all.

1095 Folsom St. San Francisco, CA (Corner of 7th and Folsom). Sign will be on the door. Parking is 1hr zones (no meters but they are vultures in the parking dept.) so best is to take BART to Civic Center station and just walk down 7th til you get to 7th and Folsom, or if live in SF, public transportation. There are unlimited parking spots on side streets off of Folsom around 7th, 6th, 5th. The weather should be nice Saturday. There are parking garages at 801 Bryant St., 502 6th Street, and 365 Harriet St. These are AMPCO and CENTRAL parking. It's only a three block walk from these locations.

10:00am to 11:00am – Arrivals and Name Tags and Schmoozing
11:00am to 11:15am – Welcome and start jamming! (Jay, Ryan, Jim, Jon)
11:15am to 12:00pm – All Jam
12:00am to 1:00pm – Everyone goes and finds lunch
1:00pm to 1:30pm – Show us your ukes and Ukes for Kids presentation. Share a few words about the uke you brought (is it special, how did you get it, etc… custom’s always of interest!)
1:30pm to 2:30pm – All Jam
2:30pm to 3:00pm – Social break
3:00pm to 3:45pm – All Jam
3:45pm to 4:00pm – Final Song and wrap up

Hope to see ya'll there. This is a "jam" not a uke show or uke festival. Please don't expect to see booths, because it's all about the meetin, greetin, and jamin!

Mahalo,

coolkayaker1
03-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Every once in a while an event comes up that makes me wish I lived in SF.

This is one of them.

RyanMFT
03-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Bump......so people will see this today

gyosh
03-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks again Jay for putting on this event. Can't wait to hang out and put some faces with the names.

mds725
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
I'll be there for the afternoon portion, and I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone. Some ukers in the SF Ukulele Rebellion meetup group have also expressed an interest, and I'm sure they'd be happy to join UU if they haven't already. Please let me know if it's okay to share the link to this thread with them. Thanks!

808boy
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Darn it, I have a prior commitment that day.
Hope to meet you guys in Hayward next month.
Have fun guys, I know it'll be a blast.
Pictures please..............Bo..........

RyanMFT
03-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Darn it, I have a prior commitment that day.

BREAK IT! Just kidding Bo! I was hoping you might make it and we could finally meet!

hawaii 50
03-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Wow Jay

looks like the Bay Area UU members getting excited for you UkeJam..good job and I hope it all goes smooth
take care and have fun you guys!

mds725
03-19-2013, 10:16 AM
I think the jam session should make a video on Saturday for this week's Seasons of the Uke. One of the songs we play should be a song about songs, so we can videotape it and post it in the Seasons of the Uke thread. Thoughts? Song suggestions?

blue_knight_usa
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I definitely want a video of the jam for my YouTube Channel, and we have a song list but if you know of a good song about songs, I am sure we can fit it in. Large tips move you to the top ;-) Just kidding.
Getting close...hope it all turns out ok!

I think the jam session should make a video on Saturday for this week's Seasons of the Uke. One of the songs we play should be a song about songs, so we can videotape it and post it in the Seasons of the Uke thread. Thoughts? Song suggestions?

blue_knight_usa
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm hoping it works out smoothly as well...never done this so I'm aiming for just a fun time. Hopefully there will be no ukulele fights ;-)

J

Wow Jay

looks like the Bay Area UU members getting excited for you UkeJam..good job and I hope it all goes smooth
take care and have fun you guys!

gyosh
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Bumpity bump!

coolkayaker1
03-20-2013, 03:41 PM
God, you're going to have everyone cool on UU together at one time.

hawaii 50
03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
God, you're going to have everyone cool on UU together at one time.

Hey Cool you one of the coolest cool guys here on UU..you gots to get there! flights are cheap right now! I think

gyosh
03-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Just another post to keep this on the front page.0

RyanMFT
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Jay and I are getting about 30 songs together and we can choose from them. We are hoping people will bring a song they might want to lead the group through.....

Also, if you have a portable music stand, it might be helpful to bring it along. Really looking forward to meeting all these great UU friends in person!

blue_knight_usa
03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I will have my acoustic amp, mixing board, two vocal mic's and one instrument mic to mic acoustic instruments. My amp is 60 watts and will be more than enough for people to hear without blasting out everyone. Amp'd instruments just sound so cool. Plus I'll have a cable if someone wants to plug in directly to the board. Just a tiny set up but I don't have a P.A. and we don't need one for this.

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY! WOHOO!

Watch only 10 people show up. HAHA!

Cheers!

Jay and I are getting about 30 songs together and we can choose from them. We are hoping people will bring a song they might want to lead the group through.....

Also, if you have a portable music stand, it might be helpful to bring it along. Really looking forward to meeting all these great UU friends in person!

mds725
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM

People ought to bring their copies of The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition. Maybe if everyone who has them brings them we'll have enough to play songs from them.

blue_knight_usa
03-21-2013, 02:44 PM
None of these songs I believe are in those. Everyone can bring their copy of The Leap Year Edition if they wish, I sold The Daily Uke because all the songs were way too old for me.. I didn't know any!! ;-) I think having 30 songs suprisingly is going to carry us as we are going to have some breaks, people going out to get lunch and then an afternoon session. I'll have copies for folks of the 30 I listed, so no one has to worry if they don't have those.

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2013!

People ought to bring their copies of The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition. Maybe if everyone who has them brings them we'll have enough to play songs from them.

gyosh
03-21-2013, 06:31 PM
None of these songs I believe are in those. Everyone can bring their copy of The Leap Year Edition if they wish, I sold The Daily Uke because all the songs were way too old for me.. I didn't know any!! ;-) I think having 30 songs suprisingly is going to carry us as we are going to have some breaks, people going out to get lunch and then an afternoon session. I'll have copies for folks of the 30 I listed, so no one has to worry if they don't have those.

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2013!

I guess this is a good enough reason to go out and get the Leap Year Edition. I hope Smiley has a copy at Ukulele Source :)

blue_knight_usa
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Not sure how many songs we will play out of it, but we'll have at least 30 songs provided which with the breaks, lunch, and "Show us your Ukes" will probably fill up quite a bit of the time.

Just jammed tonight with my buddies RyanMFT and Mr. Jim who will be with me at the head of the house to help lead everyone.
Hope we have a good turn out.

I guess this is a good enough reason to go out and get the Leap Year Edition. I hope Smiley has a copy at Ukulele Source :)

blue_knight_usa
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi All, now that we're under 48 hours until the UKEJAM BY THE BAY, I would like to know who is definitely coming and what time do you plan to stop by?

Limited donuts will be available in the morning and some coffee that will probably go fast.

Wonder if we'll get 20 people, 40 people, more?

Cheers!

blue_knight_usa
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi All, we are going to have a quick "Show us your uke section". I know some folks might have some great ukes to show, custom ukes, and even some nice production or vintage models.

Each person can come up and say a few things about their uke if they wish. I believe RyanMFT is bringing a incredible sounding Favila tear drop (I guess your on the hook now!), I really love the sound of that uke, it's amazing. I'll be bringing "The Sheriff", a custom I have as well as my new KoAloha Thin Body Tenor with LR Baggs 5.0 pickup. Definitely my main tenor at the moment.

Bring it on!!

gyosh
03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm planning on getting there 10:00ish.

mds725
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Jay - I should be there at around 1:00 p.m. What's the Ukes for Kids thing? And is there somewhere that you've listed the 30 songs you're planning to supply music for? I think I'm going to bring copies of Jimmy Buffett's "Come Monday" in the key of C, unless you're already supplying that one.

Thanks for all your hard work to put this together!

Gary - I hope you'll still be there at 1:00. I'm considering bringing my walnut off-the-rack Compass Rose to show you.

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Fantastic, we'll probably be finishing setting up but you can get the first donut ;-)

I'm planning on getting there 10:00ish.

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Here is the song list of songs we will be playing. I will make copies for everyone before each song starts:

Jay’s UkeJam By The Bay – Song List – March 23, 2013

1. Learning to Fly *– Tom Petty
2. I won’t back down * – Tom Petty
3. One Day *– Matisyahu (Jay and Ryan) DUET FOR THE GROUP
4. It’s a Heartache – Bonnie Tyler (Jim vocals)
5. Sound of Silence * – Simon and Garfunkel (Jay vocals)
6. Stray Cat Strut *– Stray Cats (Ryan vocals)
7. Dead or Alive * – Bon Jovi
8. Cryin in the Rain * – Everly Brothers
9. Good Riddance *– Greenday
10. Drop Baby Drop * - (Ryan vocals)
11. St. James Infirmary * (Jay vocals)
12. Have You Ever Seen The Rain* – CCR
13. Imagine * -John Lennon
14. Handle with Care * – Traveling Wilbury’s
15. Let It Be * – Beatles
16. Lets Talk Dirty In Hawaiian * – John Prine
17. Hawaii 78 * (Jays version, Jay vocals)
18. Waikiki
19. White Sandy Beach * (Jay vocals)
20. Wonderful Tonight * – Eric Clapton (Jay vocals)
21. On The Road Again *– Willy Nelson
22. Fire and Rain *– James Taylor (Ryan vocals)
23. Ripple *– Greatful Dead
24. Runaway – Del Shannon
25. Slip Slidin Away *– Paul Simon
26. Making Love, Ukulele Style * – Dean Martin (Jim vocals)
27. Mad World – Tears for Fears
28. Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
29. Under The Boardwalk *
30. Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay *

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi there, Ukes for Kids http://www.ukesforkids.com is a non-profit organization which provides ukulele's to young children in schools to educate them and get them to appreciate the ukulele.

One of the founders who holds a Hawaiian retreat that I have attended the past few years is coming to jam. I am presenting him with a ukulele and tuner that can go to one of the students as my way of giving a little something to the uke community and hoping my uke keeps some child happy playing it until they get the UAS and get something on their own ;-)

1pm we'll just be getting back from our lunch break so I'll see you then!

Jay - I should be there at around 1:00 p.m. What's the Ukes for Kids thing? And is there somewhere that you've listed the 30 songs you're planning to supply music for? I think I'm going to bring copies of Jimmy Buffett's "Come Monday" in the key of C, unless you're already supplying that one.

Gary - I hope you'll still be there at 1:00. I'm considering bringing my walnut off-the-rack Compass Rose to show you.

mds725
03-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Is it okay to bring (or PM you) additional songs? Our meetup group plays a few songs not on your list that are very popular.

twillian
03-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I can bring copies of some songs from our meetup group. Mark - any requests?

Also, a warning to anyone taking BART - the walk down 7th is not the greatest, even during the day. It would be safest to take the 19 bus down 8th.

mds725
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM

Also, a warning to anyone taking BART - the walk down 7th is not the greatest, even during the day. It would be safest to take the 19 bus down 8th.

"Friday I'm In Love" and "Five Hundred Miles" at least. I'm going to bring copies of "All My Loving" and "Come Monday."

twillian
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
"Friday I'm In Love" and "Five Hundred Miles" at least. I'm going to bring copies of "All My Loving" and "Come Monday."

Will do! Those are good choices.

gyosh
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Yeah . . . I'm 6'2" and about 240ish and that walk is sketchy (even with my "mean" face on). :)

RyanMFT
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Bummmmppppppp......

gyosh
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Fantastic, we'll probably be finishing setting up but you can get the first donut ;-)

My wife is dropping me off and then heading to her parents. If we get an early start I'll help you set up. I'm coming from San Jose.

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I have a copy machine so if you want to bring something that's fine. If you want to lead 1 or 2 songs you know very well, I'd be happy to have you do that if you want.

Is it okay to bring (or PM you) additional songs? Our meetup group plays a few songs not on your list that are very popular.

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm only 5'7' but carry a big stick!

Yeah . . . I'm 6'2" and about 240ish and that walk is sketchy (even with my "mean" face on). :)

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
See you all tomorrow.. packing up the gear tonight and picking up some killer donuts for the am.

There are two lunch spots everyone can walk to. One is Extreme Pizza across the street (Pizza, Salads, Wings) and The Brain Wash, great sandwiches, some decent food. Those are the two that will be the quickest and not super expensive. Extreme Pizza also has large fountain sodas as I won't have any drinks except the am coffee so ya'll have to fend for your drinks across the street.

I do have nice bathroom though ;-) The rule is in effect, We aim to please so PLEASE AIM when using the bathroom!

Cheers,

gyosh
03-22-2013, 05:07 PM

I'll still be there Mark (already thinking about a pastrami sandwich from AK Subs).

Tigeralum2001
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm about 90% sure I'm coming. I feel I need to google street view this place after the warning about 7th street. I rarely go in to the city, so though I've lived on the peninsula for a while now, I don't know my way around. I'll be driving in, so which garage is best in terms of safest walk... Especially since I plan to bring something nice.

Jimdrum
03-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I hope to arrive at 10:00 AM or shortly thereafter, but I promised to attend a birthday party in the afternoon on the other side of town. Looking forward to BOTH events!

ukegirl13
03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm taking the Muni and walking. ;) I can't see moving my car every 45 minutes. I'll be there at 10 am.

blue_knight_usa
03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Great, hopefully I will have most of it set up. Should have coffee on if you need it. See you then!

I'm taking the Muni and walking. ;) I can't see moving my car every 45 minutes. I'll be there at 10 am.

Tigeralum2001
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Drive or train/bus from mid peninsula? Thoughts?

hawaii 50
03-22-2013, 08:08 PM

hop on the train or bart then catch a cab to the venue..that the safest way I see it..less trouble too..I would go train if the times are right

ukegirl13
03-23-2013, 05:08 AM

Would Caltrain work? If you can get to the Caltrain (parking is $4 all day), then take the Bart at Millbrae, then get off at Civic Center. Walk to Folsom and 7th. But alas, I don't really know where you are coming from. Good luck. Hope to see you there.

ukegirl13
03-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Okay, I'm all packed up and ready to go! Can't wait to meet you all!

hawaii 50
03-23-2013, 05:58 AM
CJ Hope you got to the City ok..wishing I was still in NoCal to meet all the great UU members there..
happy strumming guys

Tigeralum2001
03-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Jam in session. 50774

hawaii 50
03-23-2013, 09:12 AM
CJ where are you and which one is Jay?

gyosh
03-23-2013, 09:24 AM
CJ where are you and which one is Jay?
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50774&d=1364063978
Hey Len, Jay is the one in black.

hawaii 50
03-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks Gary
I think Jay got relative on Kauai? hey Malasadas..I think I going to Leonard's for some Haha

ukegirl13
03-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Well, I just got back from Jay’s Ukejam by the Bay and had a blast! The event was held in this little secret gem of a building right in the middle of a kind of surly area of San Francisco. Yes, people did post that one should be careful of walking down 7th. But I have to say I did not in the very least feel unsafe walking down 7th street either coming or going. So, I knew it must be pretty cool inside this building just by looking at the outside with its all brick façade. And I wasn’t disappointed when entering. An office space that is all opened up with lots of wood lining the walls and skylights bringing in the light. Jay, can I rent a space for a workshop here? No, I guess not, what with all the sawdust raining down on your computers! But really, what a great space to work. The bathroom also was very open with the retro sink and facets. Can I live here? I couldn’t even figure out how to get water out from the sink!! And the biggest, healthiest Ficus lyrata I have ever seen. It likes being there too. Well, I could go on and on about the space but the event was just as cool. I met some very cool new people, learned some new songs, got to check out in person a Chuck Moore, Tony Graziano, Peter Hurley, Rick Turner, Pepe Romero and Ryan’s vintage Favilla teardrop Ukes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How freakin’ cool is that! So, thank you Jay for the great event. To all of you who went I am very pleased to have met you. Can you tell I’m happy? How about next year, Jay? Thank you again for getting me out of my little workshop and having a splendid day!

RyanMFT
03-23-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50774&d=1364063978

From left to right....
Alan (Jay's Dad), Jim, Jay, and that is me on the right.

erivel
03-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Looks like a fun time, wish I could have made it!

gyosh
03-23-2013, 05:50 PM
There's two threads at once so I'm copying and pasting this post here as well.

That was a lot of fun! Great to meet other UUers and a big thank you to Jay for being such a fantastic host along with Ryan and Jim.

Would love to do it again!

You were missed Eric. Hayward?

blue_knight_usa
03-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Gary, it was great meeting everyone and I had a blast! I will definitely be making this an annual event, and hopefully get to meet more UU Folks. Appreciate all your kind words and everyone played great! I can't believe how many songs we went through today. I am so glad Toni brought her beautiful ukes today to show off. Fantastic work and the inlay work on her daughters uke was very impressive. I think she's next on my list for a custom for sure. I'll have to think of something really challenging for her when I get my pennies saved up! ;-)

.... and C.J. with the Mo Betta....HOLY #)$(*#$ that was awesome. I really never thought I would every see one in person and to meet the man who has two. HOLY COW...the jealousy, oh the jealousy....I had to get a mop to wipe up the drool from everyone!

Special thanks to my very good buddies, Jim who is always a great guy to jam with being a pro musician...always learn from that guy...and my good friend RyanMFT who was instrumental in operating the copy machine today and being a great co-mc, and Dr. Jon, who showed up mid day to support us.

I look forward to the next one and hopefully we can have more luthiers like Toni who can jam with us and show us their ukes. Toni's brochures were moving off the table so hopefully she'll get some more orders.

I have a bunch of photos I have to downloaded today and will be putting together a small slide show on my YouTube Channel. I'll let everyone know when it's posted.

Thanks again everyone for a fantastic Saturday!

Cheers as always ;-)

There's two threads at once so I'm copying and pasting this post here as well.

That was a lot of fun! Great to meet other UUers and a big thank you to Jay for being such a fantastic host along with Ryan and Jim.

Would love to do it again!

Vdvf
03-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Really enjoyed meeting everyone today. It was a great jam and I hope we do it again. Thanks Jay for organizing it, and providing us with such nice place to play.

hawaii 50
03-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Aloha Jay..seems like you had a good thing going today..everyone says they had fun..CJ was in my uke class in San Jose and Danny who is in Florida wanted to be there he also in CJ class..Danny lives in Livermore and I knew he wanted to hang with you guys..

my friends Gary and Mark(never met Mark)and CJ some of the best UU members including yourself..hope it is a yearly event..

You gots to get Rick Turner to come with Tony Graziano old school stuff..

erivel
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM

I'll try to make it again to NorCal Gary.

Mad Scientist
03-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Jay, for organizing this jam. Had lots of fun, met some really nice people, saw some really cool ukuleles (not that I need any more...) and hope it happens again.

blue_knight_usa
03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
HI All, thanks again for a fantastic day. I look forward to hosting UKEJAM By The Bay in 2014 and hopefully we'll continue to grow and fill up the venue!
Watch to where we had the "Show us your ukes". Chuck Moore's uke was stunning and the Pepe Romero was cool....but I have to say, Toni's Anokoneke Mermaid that she made was simply beautiful. Thanks Toni for bringing your gems with you. I might just have to sell one of mine to make room for an Anokoneke!

Here is a momento of our day....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0PLAClVYP4

Cheers!

localmana
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey Jay, Ryan and the guys,
The first annual Uke Jam by the bay looked great. I hope everyone had fun.
Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll be in the Bay Area next year.
Alan

blue_knight_usa
03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Alan, thanks. Hopefully UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2014 will be double the size. I am going to try and get more Luthiers to come and jam and share their ukes with us and talk about their building. I also have a ukulele recording artist (name to be withheld until confirmed for next year) who couldn't make it this year but might make it next year. It would just be great to see him play and hear him sing as he is fantastic...just a day of jamming and music. I think everyone had a great time and it felt like we all knew each other after a few hours of jamming together.

Hope to see everyone again.

Hey Jay, Ryan and the guys,
The first annual Uke Jam by the bay looked great. I hope everyone had fun.
Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll be in the Bay Area next year.
Alan

mds725
03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Jay, for all the work you put into organizing the SF UU jam and for offering a great space in which to play, and to you and Ryan for hosting! It was great fun meeting everyone and getting to see everyone's ukuleles, especially a certain Moore Bettah, a certain Pepe Romero (both of which I had the pleasure of playing briefly), some nice Pohaku ukuleles, and the lovely Anakoneke ukuleles that Toni builds. I know the jam was a big undertaking, but it was great fun and got talked up a bit among San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion members, several of whom want to attend if there's another one, so I hope there's another one sometime soon.

blue_knight_usa
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Great meeting you too, that uke was one cool instrument, a real piece of art. Of course you need "just one more" ;-)
Hope to see you at Ukejam By The Bay 2014!

Cheers!

Thanks, Jay, for organizing this jam. Had lots of fun, met some really nice people, saw some really cool ukuleles (not that I need any more...) and hope it happens again.

blue_knight_usa
03-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Howdy and thanks for the kind words and getting your group up to lead some songs. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone have a good time and just playing having fun. I am going to make this an annual event as it was a bunch of work to get it together, but I have some great friends who helped and supported the efforts. I am going to hopefully have some more luthiers next time and am going to coordinate with them to make sure they have nothing planning and can commit to coming...although people still cancel!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks, Jay, for all the work you put into organizing the SF UU jam and for offering a great space in which to play, and to you and Ryan for hosting! It was great fun meeting everyone and getting to see everyone's ukuleles, especially a certain Moore Bettah, a certain Pepe Romero (both of which I had the pleasure of playing briefly), some nice Pohaku ukuleles, and the lovely Anakoneke ukuleles that Toni builds. I know the jam was a big undertaking, but it was great fun and got talked up a bit among San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion members, several of whom want to attend if there's another one, so I hope there's another one sometime soon.

blue_knight_usa
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
I'll be there for the afternoon portion, and I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone. Some ukers in the SF Ukulele Rebellion meetup group have also expressed an interest, and I'm sure they'd be happy to join UU if they haven't already. Please let me know if it's okay to share the link to this thread with them. Thanks!

Hey Mark, I just got an email from CR, my uke is going in the spray booth and I should have it in two weeks. Can't wait to jam with our octave ukes!

mds725
01-31-2014, 09:58 PM
Hey Mark, I just got an email from CR, my uke is going in the spray booth and I should have it in two weeks. Can't wait to jam with our octave ukes!

Woo hoo! Yours better not be better than mine. :)