Jimmy Buffett playing his ukulele with Mishka

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Go figure, folks from the Caribbean all the way out in Hawaii.

Funny enough, I was having dinner in Oahu one night a couple years ago with the family and we still still have a bit of our island accent and a gentleman at the table next to us leans over, introduced himself and said he recognized our accent! Asked if we were from Trinidad of which we said "Yes? How did you know?" turns out he was Trinidadian as well but moved to Oahu some 15yrs ago and retired. Most Hawaiians think we're locals by the way we talk and our accents.... there's hope for me yet! lol

I didn't know you were from Trinidad. One of my favorite things is from there CARIB.jpg
Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Go figure, folks from the Caribbean all the way out in Hawaii.

Funny enough, I was having dinner in Oahu one night a couple years ago with the family and we still still have a bit of our island accent and a gentleman at the table next to us leans over, introduced himself and said he recognized our accent! Asked if we were from Trinidad of which we said "Yes? How did you know?" turns out he was Trinidadian as well but moved to Oahu some 15yrs ago and retired. Most Hawaiians think we're locals by the way we talk and our accents.... there's hope for me yet! lol

Although Mishka is Bermudian, which is waaaaay north of the Caribbean...

But he grew up going to Nevis and all, so...

He's good people, him. Whole family!

Jimmy wrote a song about Mishka and his sisters, "Chanson Les Enfants" or something...

Top Bottom