PDA

View Full Version : Kanilea Aldrine Guerrero Model Koa Tenor

specialk13
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Well, hereís a Kanilea Aldrine Guererro model up for sale. I purchased this uke from a fellow UU member a little over a week ago but Iím finding it just isnít the one for me. Itís a gorgeous uke in flawless mint condition, I can only assume it hasnít been played much at all. It has a nice clear voice and plays well all over the fretboard. The Gilbert tuners are phenomenal and have zero play in them. My only issue is that this one doesnít fill a ďneedĒ in my collection and my other ukes still seem to take priority. I was thinking it might replace one of my mainstay ukes but I canít bring myself to release one of them so, it has to go to a new home now where it will be played and appreciated properly.

Here are some specs:
Premium curly koa wood from Log 50 in high gloss UV finish
Slotted peghead with upgraded Gilbert tuners
Mahogany neck with UV satin finish
Birds eye maple rosette
Ebony fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay
Black binding on top and back
Kailua beach sand inlaid on the fretboard, headstock, and side markers.
PegPal active pickup
Foam hardcase (Uke Crazy style)
Nubone nut and saddle
Currently strong with Southcoast Medium fluorocarbon strings

Iím asking $2450 plus $30 for insured shipping. Paypal preferred. Please PM me with any questions.

specialk13
03-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Some more pics.....

Stevelele
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Wow!!! For anyone who plays plugged in especially, this is a dream uke!

Cornfield
03-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Lovely uke. Best of luck on the sale

strumsilly
03-19-2013, 12:37 PM
this is one of the prettiest ukes I've ever seen.

specialk13
03-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Yup, this one definitely falls under the catgory of "I wish I could keep the all" or at least afford to anyways :)

Wow!!! For anyone who plays plugged in especially, this is a dream uke!

soupking
03-19-2013, 01:13 PM
One of the cool things about this uke is the gloss body/satin neck combo. You just don't see that too much. This thing is mighty fine, good luck with the sale.

Trinimon
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Ah frig. Damn, this is one sweet uke I'd love to own but alas the wallet is empty these days. :(

addpro
03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
I just played this uke today. It's sweet!!! The koa is insane. I can't believe you're selling her.

specialk13
03-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Or Best Offer.....

rubber necker
03-22-2013, 07:44 PM
beautiful ukulele

lichaochung
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh!Awesome ukulele. I want to know how to buy it,please tell me,thanks !

consitter
03-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Kanilea's price on it is 2900 list with case! But they will sell you one brand new for 2500 with free shipping! Your price would have to be considerably less for me to consider buying a used one. But good luck with the sale.

Only problem with ordering from Kanile'a now is the log is down in size, so that they can only make concert ukes out of it now.

danersen
03-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Used is used ... cars, guitars, accordions, ukes.
No warranty, no dealer support, no guarantees ... and lots of potential risk.
Unless it's vintage and in exceptional condition and/or the builder is no longer among us or stopped producing, a used instrument is not likely to command a premium price no matter how little-played or close to as-new it is.
May be a hard reality to accept ... But it IS reality.
Used is used.

The Big Kahuna
03-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Unless it's vintage and in exceptional condition and/or the builder is no longer among us or stopped producing, a used instrument is not likely to command a premium price no matter how little-played or close to as-new it is.
Used is used.

Great second post. Truly awesome. In fact, if I were asked, I'd probably score it 7/10. As second posts go, I'd have to say it's up there with the all time greats.

Welcome to UU.

Markr1
03-23-2013, 04:31 AM
This is not going to be a popular post I'm afraid.
Used is used.

AncientMatingCalls
03-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Used is used.

A used instrument will command whatever price a buyer is willing to pay for it. If what Consitter has said about Kanilea no longer producing tenors from that specific log, then someone may consider paying a premium for one. For the record I am not suggesting that the seller's price is "premium".

specialk13
03-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the input everyone, I am open to any and all reasonable offers of course :)
This is a relatively rare Kanlilea in terms of the options it has and the quality/style of the koa wood. Clearly, it's not popular at the current asking price which is why I would ask that anyone who's genuinely interested make me an offer.

Thanks for your time!

The Big Kahuna
03-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Sell it for what you think it's worth m8. And instrument of this quality and rarity is partly an investment. Alternatively, would one of the dealers with a popular website consider selling it on your behalf for a commission ? They might be able to advertise it to a larger audience.

specialk13
03-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the idea, I would definitely consider it but I'm hoping to move it along through the forum first if possible.

Sell it for what you think it's worth m8. And instrument of this quality and rarity is partly an investment. Alternatively, would one of the dealers with a popular website consider selling it on your behalf for a commission ? They might be able to advertise it to a larger audience.

experimentjon
03-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I was unaware that they can no longer make tenors. They never told me that. They acted like they were still available. Actually I like concerts! I will contact next week and see what a concert is. Anyone have an idea?

Log 50 is one of their best logs. I think a long-neck concert from log 50 would be fantastic. As for pricing, it depends on what type of options you want (bindings, rosettes, tuners, pickups, etc) and Kanilea can work with you on that.

As for the OP's uke...what a beautiful rendition of AG's instrument.

mm stan
03-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Used is used.
Not if the uke is a Limited or Rare high end ukulele...prices may go even higher on availability and demand like anything else on the market.....just saying
I know you are new here so I wont come down hard, it's not nice and not good ettiquete to rain down on ones sale here...hope you understand:)

danersen
03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Not if the uke is a Limited or Rare high end ukulele...prices may go even higher on availability and demand like anything else on the market.....just saying
I know you are new here so I wont come down hard, it's not nice and not good ettiquete to rain down on ones sale here...hope you understand:)

mm stan,
Sorry that you consider my comments were "raining down." I was simply offering additional perspective to the comment prior to mine.
My experience, which is extensive over decades, with high-end, rare, and vintage mandolins suggests that instruments of this described stature and character are seldom listed on forums as there is often a list of known and willing buyers who can be contacted directly by a seller. And when these instruments do appear on a board or a forum or in a classified post, they typically sell immediately.
I offer my apology if a candid perspective is unwelcome or inappropriate here. I neither intended, nor now intend, any disrespect.
Be Well,
Dan

specialk13
03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
***sold***