Kanilea Aldrine Guerrero Model Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
Well, here’s a Kanilea Aldrine Guererro model up for sale. I purchased this uke from a fellow UU member a little over a week ago but I’m finding it just isn’t the one for me. It’s a gorgeous uke in flawless mint condition, I can only assume it hasn’t been played much at all. It has a nice clear voice and plays well all over the fretboard. The Gilbert tuners are phenomenal and have zero play in them. My only issue is that this one doesn’t fill a “need” in my collection and my other ukes still seem to take priority. I was thinking it might replace one of my mainstay ukes but I can’t bring myself to release one of them so, it has to go to a new home now where it will be played and appreciated properly.

Here are some specs:
Premium curly koa wood from Log 50 in high gloss UV finish
Slotted peghead with upgraded Gilbert tuners
Mahogany neck with UV satin finish
Birds eye maple rosette
Ebony fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay
Black binding on top and back
Kailua beach sand inlaid on the fretboard, headstock, and side markers.
PegPal active pickup
Foam hardcase (Uke Crazy style)
Nubone nut and saddle
Currently strong with Southcoast Medium fluorocarbon strings

I’m asking $2450 plus $30 for insured shipping. Paypal preferred. Please PM me with any questions.

Attachments

• KA1.jpg
    KA1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 342
  • KA2.jpg
    KA2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 280
  • KA3.jpg
    KA3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 256
  • KA4.jpg
    KA4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 257
  • KA5.jpg
    KA5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 265
Some more pics.....

Attachments

• KA6.jpg
    KA6.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 126
  • KA7.jpg
    KA7.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 130
  • KA8.jpg
    KA8.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 141
  • KA9.jpg
    KA9.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 157
  • KA10.jpg
    KA10.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 137
Wow!!! For anyone who plays plugged in especially, this is a dream uke!

One of the cool things about this uke is the gloss body/satin neck combo. You just don't see that too much. This thing is mighty fine, good luck with the sale.

I just played this uke today. It's sweet!!! The koa is insane. I can't believe you're selling her.

Oh!Awesome ukulele. I want to know how to buy it,please tell me,thanks !

Kanilea's price on it is 2900 list with case! But they will sell you one brand new for 2500 with free shipping! Your price would have to be considerably less for me to consider buying a used one. But good luck with the sale.

Only problem with ordering from Kanile'a now is the log is down in size, so that they can only make concert ukes out of it now.

Used is used ... cars, guitars, accordions, ukes.
No warranty, no dealer support, no guarantees ... and lots of potential risk.
Unless it's vintage and in exceptional condition and/or the builder is no longer among us or stopped producing, a used instrument is not likely to command a premium price no matter how little-played or close to as-new it is.
May be a hard reality to accept ... But it IS reality.
Used is used.

Unless it's vintage and in exceptional condition and/or the builder is no longer among us or stopped producing, a used instrument is not likely to command a premium price no matter how little-played or close to as-new it is.
Used is used.

Great second post. Truly awesome. In fact, if I were asked, I'd probably score it 7/10. As second posts go, I'd have to say it's up there with the all time greats.

Welcome to UU.

This is not going to be a popular post I'm afraid.
Used is used.

Used is used.

A used instrument will command whatever price a buyer is willing to pay for it. If what Consitter has said about Kanilea no longer producing tenors from that specific log, then someone may consider paying a premium for one. For the record I am not suggesting that the seller's price is "premium".

Thanks for the input everyone, I am open to any and all reasonable offers of course :)
This is a relatively rare Kanlilea in terms of the options it has and the quality/style of the koa wood. Clearly, it's not popular at the current asking price which is why I would ask that anyone who's genuinely interested make me an offer.

Thanks for your time!

Sell it for what you think it's worth m8. And instrument of this quality and rarity is partly an investment. Alternatively, would one of the dealers with a popular website consider selling it on your behalf for a commission ? They might be able to advertise it to a larger audience.

Thanks for the idea, I would definitely consider it but I'm hoping to move it along through the forum first if possible.

Sell it for what you think it's worth m8. And instrument of this quality and rarity is partly an investment. Alternatively, would one of the dealers with a popular website consider selling it on your behalf for a commission ? They might be able to advertise it to a larger audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom