It's a Moore Bettah day!

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
It happened! My dream of being a caretaker of a Moore Bettah has come true! As usual, the story is not simple, so many thanks and much aloha go out to dkcrown and markr1.

I reached out to Dana a year ago and asked him that if he was ever going to sell one of his Moore Bettahs, to please keep me in mind. He had no interest in selling. Fast forward to the last few months and he has changed his mind. He offered the uke to Mark, but Mark had seen my threads and my WTB post in the market place and suggested Dana sell it to me. So Dana, being the nice guy that he is, did so. Mahalo nui loa to both!!!

Of course, I immediately took Dana up on his offer. Dana, thank you for letting me join the Moore Bettah family! "Rapunzel" arrived today and is spectacular! I left work early to play her and then it was of to uke lessons for me. I managed to get my instructor, Rodney Takahashi of Ukulele Jams, to play a sound sample. Unfortunately, it was shot with my phone, so the audio quality is lacking (as is the cinematography)

I haven't had time to take my own pictures, so these are pics Dana took. She looks just as good now; she looks brand new!

017-3.jpg022.jpg024-1.jpg028-1.jpg

Dana and Mark, thanks again for everything! I couldn't be more thrilled!

Last edited:
Aloooooha CJ,
Woooooo hooooooo Congratulations Bruddah a dream come true for you....holy moly brah you wen score a great sounding uke bruddah....and mahalo to Dana and Mark to
make your dream come true.....big heart from the bruddahs....wow weee Welcome to the Moore Bettah Ohana happy strummings...have fun and enjoy :)

Hey CJ you lucky buggah!

Stan that is my teacher Rodney Takahashi(I know he does not visit the UU but thanks Rodney sorry did not get a chance to say bye..got sick before I left) from Ukulele Jams in San Jose..he can play you know he playing CJ's MB upside down right..Lol

in San Jose it was me,CJ,Danny(bkmdano) who just visited 2 weeks ago and Renato(uke42) In the same class..uke 42 can play bruddah..

congrats CJ you lucky buggah! Haha
I just need some luck like you now!

Last edited:
Congrats CJ!!!!!

Maybe I'll get to hear a MB this weekend?!

It's amazing Rodney can flip a uke upside down and still play like that!!!!

That is an awesome uke!!! Dana, that is so generous of you and I love that there aren't that many cutaways. Welcome to the family and now you need to play a video with you playing!!

Congrats CJ!!!!!

Maybe I'll get to hear a MB this weekend?!

It's amazing Rodney can flip a uke upside down and still play like that!!!!

I'm going to try to make it to the Jam and I'll bring this uke, and maybe a Pepe to let people try out (as long as you are not a soundboard strummer, you have have a turn :) ).

If one day I can play half as good as Rodney, that will be a major miracle.

Yay! You finally got one, I am so happy for you. And that is my all time favorite Moore Bettah uke that I have ever seen. So my happiness is tinged with jealousy, but I am thrilled for you. :)

Rodney has to be one of the better playing teachers..for sure in the Bay Area he gots to be..
you lucky buggah,,,,LOL

That is an awesome story! Welcome to the family!

Woohoo! So glad you got one! I felt bad about stealing that one from Acoustic Music from your grasp so I'm really happy you were able to get one through the UU community. Alo-ha!

Congratulations! I'm glad there was some serendipity in your getting an MB. Seems fitting. Enjoy your wonderful new (to you) MB!

I'm very happy for you CJ. Congratulations on a uke of a lifetime.

Mahalo,

Don

Congratulations on the acquisition of such a lovely ukulele. Enjoy.

Congratulations!! I've seen how eagerly you've sought after a Moore Bettah, I'm stoked you found such a beautiful ukulele! And I have to say, it was very classy of the first gentleman to pass on this and point the seller to you. One of the reasons I love this forum, it's full of good people.

Well CJ, Congratulations! Boy, Rodney can sure put that MB through its paces,eh? Welcome to the family and I am happy to have been able to make your dream of MB ownership come true.

I saw your earlier post and was sad for you that you had missed out. Seems this beauty was just around the corner. Congratulations!

Congratulations CJ! I am very happy for you and knowing your going to get many years of enjoyment from her. It warms my heart to see that you got her.

Top Bottom