Dreaduke

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
This little image:
FrontinCase.jpg

Is further explained here with an appropriate soundfile of the instrument playing in the background.

This little image:
FrontinCase.jpg

Is further explained here with an appropriate soundfile of the instrument playing in the background.

It reminds me of my Kamaka Concert Deluxe. Herb Ohta-San's model. It has the same bell shape and it really allows it to ring better than any other uke I've heard.

Nice build.

Correct - I made about 40 of these for the Japanese market - not known for their originality those folks on that volcanic cluster.... they paid well and they were easy to make and suprisingly enough, they sound great!

Correct - I made about 40 of these for the Japanese market - not known for their originality those folks on that volcanic cluster....

Maybe not as far uke design goes (there's also the "if it ain't broke...." factor.) Can't argue with it being a sweet instrument. You do some fine work.

But seriously in all my years of music collecting I can honestly say that some of the wildest and most wigged music I've ever heard or seen has been from Japan. (First time I saw the Boredoms is one of the most jaw dropping experiences I've ever had.) Their late 60's and early 70's scene was pretty amazing as well. (Julian Cope just did a book about it...)

Plus they have the best candy. (Kasugai Litchee candy FTW):p

Top Bottom