Strumming is dangerous...

ukulelee

Reaction score
for a dumb ass like me, hahahaha

20130320_231659.jpg

My index finger got hooked on the A string while I was strumming a few hours ago. The nail is now slightly detached, but I still have my thumb, lol.

I can imagine how you feel. Back in my highschool days I worked the drivethru booth at a fast food shop. I pulled a reciept off of the register and wound-up to throw it out of the booth into the garbage can across the way. Wouldn't you know it, I caught my nail on the doorway.

The darn thing buckled over on itself with a healthy chunk of skin attached to side that was now staring me in the face. I went to my manager to see if that got me off the hook for working that night. No dice. With a very satisfying "SNAP" sound, I flicked the nail back into position and went back to work without much pain until it was time to wash dishes...

All the more reason to use good high-tension strings so your fingers don't get tangled up so easily :)

I knew one day the same thing would happen to me and that's why I just strum with the flesh of my thumb and index now haha

Top Bottom