elementary music club: donations?

Kelen

Reaction score
this is a repost from the ukulele market thread

Hey everyone,

My name is Kelen and I am a teacher at Aikahi Elementary School. I recently started a music club for K-6 students at the school, and many of them are looking to learn how to play ukulele. I currently have a few ukuleles that they can use, however, I was hoping to acquire a few more.

Does anyone have any old instruments, (does not necessarily have to be ukulele) that they would like to donate to the students of Aikahi Elementary? I also have students interested in guitar, percussion, etc.

Please let me know if anyone would like to make a donation; I know the students would truly appreciate it.

Mahalo,

-Mr. G

Although I was a geography major, and taught for 19 years, I cannot place where you are located. Would you tell me a country/state.city so shipping cost can be figured, please?

school location: Hawaii

Hey,

Yes, as our fellow ukulele player mentioned, my school is located in Kailua, Hawaii.

Thank you for your response! I have many K-6 students interested in learning how to play ukulele, and I am hoping to acquire more so more students can enjoy this beautiful instrument.

Mahalo!

I used to live in Kailua. I think I was the poorest guy in town. Just me and Mango Man. But seriously, not saying that you don't need a donation because I'm sure there is no funding, But...I'm thinkin these kids parents would put some towards this if presented right. How much can anyone progress during a class? It's just like with school band. The parent buys or rents a horn or so the kid can practice at home and really progress. Maybe you could give their parents a flyer that bullet points the academic benefits of playing an instrument. We could pitch in a discount coupon to staple on, perhaps even coconut grove in your town would also help this way. It would cost the parents about what they pay for a tank of gas and their kid would have an ukulele for the class and to practice at home and beyond. Ya? Email me if you're interested. andrew@theukulelesite.com

Top Bottom