New (Old) Uke Day

good_uke_boy

Reaction score
Or, it soon will be for the teenage son of a friend of ours.

Apparently our friend's son has been driving his family crazy playing a plastic "toy" uke that is always out of tune. Our friend is visiting us right now. She lives in England. I've played her son's plastic uke. She's right -- that plastic uke is hopeless.

I just gave our friend my first uke, a Kala KA-C mahogany concert, for her to give to her son as a present.

I'm happy to have tried to spread the happiness I've discovered in these little instruments. And I hope I've done so. But it's amazing how sentimental I feel about saying goodbye to my first one. Live long and prosper, little guy.

Hope it's okay to share this little story. So small in the scheme of things. But there it is.

It may look small now, but you often don't know how big of an impact your good deeds may actually make!

What a great thing to do!

Or, it soon will be for the teenage son of a friend of ours.

Apparently our friend's son has been driving his family crazy playing a plastic "toy" uke that is always out of tune. Our friend is visiting us right now. She lives in England. I've played her son's plastic uke. She's right -- that plastic uke is hopeless.

I just gave our friend my first uke, a Kala KA-C mahogany concert, for her to give to her son as a present.

I'm happy to have tried to spread the happiness I've discovered in these little instruments. And I hope I've done so. But it's amazing how sentimental I feel about saying goodbye to my first one. Live long and prosper, little guy.

Hope it's okay to share this little story. So small in the scheme of things. But there it is.

That's really wonderful to give the little one a nice instrument to play. I'm sure he'll love it and now he has something that he can actually learn to play on. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom