Need help picking next uke.....

jjdejd

Reaction score
I have a OS laminate tenor OU5T and really like the action. Thinking of selling it and moving to an all wood uke. Considering two tenor uke’s. Islander MST-4 or Oscar Schmidt OU245SWK. Both have solid mahogany top and sides. The OS comes with a case but the Islander does not. The Islander price w/case is $125 more ? Is the Islander worth the difference? Any other thoughts for a solid wood uke in the $250-$350 price range? Thanks.

My advice is: you are already playing, save some more money and make the jump to an all wood instrument.
Keep your OS for a second instrument for times and/or friends you don't want to share your good instrument with.
Over time you will spend more money selling and trading up in small steps, make the plunge.

I'd recommend this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PEBB48 I've never owned one but I've played you for a good amount of time and I really like it played very good and I liked the sound and I personally really like slotted head stock but id highly recommend going to a ukulele store by you somewhere and try some out

Top Bottom